11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeyMesSis

"It is known your favorite club is FC Barcelona and your favorite player Neymar. Did you also got an offer from Barça?"

"I had many offers. But I have made clear from the outset that I just want to Dortmund."

:wub:

Xavinho

Dortmund was a really good move for him. He should be able to develop there well in the next few seasons, and then maybe make the jump to one of the biggest clubs.

xavisionary

How can just three teams constitute "the biggest clubs"? I'm not saying that Dortmund are as prestigious as Barca, but that they fall into the same bracket as "one of the biggest clubs". Like Juventus.

Trickykid

How can just three teams constitute "the biggest clubs"? I'm not saying that Dortmund are as prestigious as Barca, but that they fall into the same bracket as "one of the biggest clubs". Like Juventus.

Because they obviously aren't part of the upper echelon? Few clubs are, and Dortmund - as likeable and interesting as they may be - most definitely aren't part of it.

This all started with someone saying that Dortmund was a good move for him, and that he could move on to an even bigger club later on. There's a clear and obvious step up from Dortmund, and I can't really understand how you can even try to argue against that.

Yannik

I don't know if I would classify Dortmund as one of the biggest clubs. Footballwise, they are, but not clubwise. They are in the middle of the progression to become one, but it's still a very fragile club that could collapse in every minute. Once they do, then they wont have the financial strength to get up again. The past years have obviously brought in some lucrative sponsoring deals and a fair share of fans worldwide. I remember someone saying "Dortmund is probably the most supported 2nd favourite club in the world" but all that is not enough to keep up with other top clubs who get twice as much revenue even if they were domestically relegated.
Dortmund is a club of the size of Valencia, Tottenham, Napoli, Schalke, Porto etc who are just overachieving since some years. But it will take at least(!) another 5 years on that level till they become recognized as "one of the biggest clubs", and every season - every transfer window - might disrupt this momentum and stagnate their progress. I really hope that they can become a constant big club, and not just one inbetween the 2010s years.

Yannik

Absolutely toasted Rojo. So hyped for him this season.

Dembele2.gif

Devils

lol you can tell at the end of the gif that Rojo realizes his United career is pretty much finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans