11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard.H

We should still have half the Neymar money to spend given the Paulinho money was the rest of the budget pre-Neymar.

We should buy Seri and call it a day. I don't feel comfortable spending the rest of it on Coutinho. Are there really no other midfield options for us? Talk about a weird generation of footballers...

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah we spent almost 190m this window plus 40m in add ons which will probably be laid out over years with some being never achieved. Probably we can bid for Coutinho if we can sell Gomes, Arda and Rafinha. Which is unlikely.

bastardo

Hopefully he's able to cope with the pressure of the pricetag. I genuinely believe that he's more talented than Asensio in their age group.

james baldwin

Finally. We overpaid by 30m. or so at least, but he's 20. Nice player to look forward to.

You didn't overpay. In fact, Barcelona UNDERPAID especially if you consider the price you recieved for Neymar.

I watched almost every game he played at Dortmund last year and some games of Dembele at Rennes. Ability wise I don't see the difference between Dembele and Neymar. He's better than Neymar was at his first season for Barcelona. He's also much more of a team player and will blend better with his teammates than Neymar could in Barca.

Dembele - unbelievable player. The best young player in the world. Congratulations Barca. Amazing signing.

Sasuke85

Although Dembele cannot be compared with Neymar in terms of talent, there is one thing he is better: mental stability. I always dislike Brazilian players because they sometimes go rampage unnecessarily on the pitch and get red cards which causes us a lot of troubles.

Hope to see another gifted player coming (Coutinho or Mbappe). And it's also great if we can get rid of mediocre guys like Rakitic and Gomes. And of course Barto.

james baldwin

A huge talent, still very raw, patience is required for the boy

He'll come in and tear shit up straight away. Players of such immense ability usually don't need a lot of time to adapt. Understand that this is the best group of players Dembele has ever played. The only slight issue in terms of adapting is that Dembele is a predominantly a right winger. He's good on the left as well but I'm not sure you'll get the best out of him there at least initially

Neville

I know it's easy to do it since he will be playing in the wing as well, but i would not compare him with Neymar. Let him do his thing without additional pressure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He'll come in and tear shit up straight away. Players of such immense ability usually don't need a lot of time to adapt. Understand that this is the best group of players Dembele has ever played. The only slight issue in terms of adapting is that Dembele is a predominantly a right winger. He's good on the left as well but I'm not sure you'll get the best out of him there at least initially

It would be interesting to see if he can adapt to the AM role (if need be) better than he did at BVB, which was not that impressive at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans