11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Again, if he'd want to leave, we'd let him go. We are Barça, not PSG. And we'd get far less from him if we'd negotiate with PSG.

We don't need them to because they don't want to leave. And if they will want to leave we'll let them go for much less than what their clauses are. And well, when they signed their latest contract renewals those clauses were still considered very high and I think they still are. Things have changed since then but still no club respecting FFP rules should be able to pay those clauses for years. But if UEFA will allow Q$G to continue doing what they started with Neymoney then everything will go to hell sooner or later. And then release clauses will be the last thing that will worry us.

They have to be incredibly incompetent to not see how wages, incomes and transfer fees are skyrocketing in football from year to year. "it looked high 3 years ago" is a terrible excuse. They are stupid but not that stupid.

Jombi

I dont think Dembele's 400m release clause will be of concern though as if he becomes a superstar and the heir to Messi, he'll get contract renewals regularly. If he gets no contract renewal in 5 years with his 400m release clause, then he has likely failed.

Alik

I dont think Dembele's 400m release clause will be of concern though as if he becomes a superstar and the heir to Messi, he'll get contract renewals regularly. If he gets no contract renewal in 5 years with his 400m release clause, then he has likely failed.

Good point.

Yannik

Again, if he'd want to leave, we'd let him go. We are Barça, not PSG. And we'd get far less from him if we'd negotiate with PSG.

That's not what I was saying in that comment there. My point is that without that €222m clause Neymar probably wouldn't have come up with that idea of becoming a PSG player. Instead of weighing up the ifs and whens of a possible move, he'd be focussing on training now because a move is out of reach anyway.

In short: These low release clauses are a huge factor as to why your player(s) want to go. They're giving them ideas they wouldn't otherwise come up with. They don't owe you loyalty or anything like that, they are all a bunch of opportunists and you are throwing them a bone.

Last edited:

kilian

We just signed the biggest 20-year old talent in the world and all you people talk about is that his release clause is too small. This transfer window really fucked up Barca fans.

Turson

As an RM fan I want to congratulate you guys on this transfer. A rivalry between Real and Barcelona is healthy for both teams.

Messi983

That's not what I was saying in that comment there. My point is that without that €222m clause Neymar probably wouldn't have come up with that idea of becoming a PSG player. Instead of weighing up the ifs and whens of a possible move, he'd be focussing on training now because a move is out of reach anyway. In short: These low release clauses are a huge factor as to why your player(s) want to go. They're giving them ideas they wouldn't otherwise come up with.

We don't know for sure that he wouldn't want to leave though.

I don't believe that low clauses have that much to do with players wanting to leave or not. Players that are unhappy with their status in the club will usually want to leave. Players that want more money or "new challenge" in their careers want to go. On the other hand, players that are happy will stay no matter what their release clauses are.

Player (un)happiness in club has much more to do with him leaving or staying than his clause. And as I said Barça (and most "normal" clubs) don't keep players against their will. So if Neymoney and his dad would get a crazy offer from PSG (he could still get that even if his clause would be higher) I think he would also leave. And Barça would get far less for him with our negotiating skills. Yes, it could possibly be a new record transfer fee (and most people would probably be happy to get 130M or so for a player that doesn't want to be here anymore) but probably still 80-100M less than what we got. Or PSG would try to include one of their useless players to get his price down and we would accept that.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Crochet crochet crochet Ousmane Dembele!

Dembele learning from the GOAT and Suarez.

Cannot get better than that.

Ripsta

How is Hazard better than Neymar in terms of dribbling?

From what I have seen, Dembele is roughly as pacy as Neymar, with inferior dribbling, good vision, but poor touch (for Barca standards) Neymar's close control wasn't the best either.

Because he just is. Neymar is a slightly better player at this current time, but Hazard IS a better dribbler, how can you even argue that? Only Messi beats Hazard. You could probably even argue Robben is also a better dribbler than Neymar too.

Horatio

You're welcome
We don't know for sure that he wouldn't want to leave though.

I don't believe that low clauses have that much to do with players wanting to leave or not. Players that are unhappy with their status in the club will usually want to leave. Players that want more money or "new challenge" in their careers want to go. On the other hand, players that are happy will stay no matter what their release clauses are.

You are forgetting one factor though: being influenced by peers e.g. his father.

xXKonan

tBKicSXH_400x400.jpg

He changed his twitter profile picture to this btw.

https://twitter.com/Dembouz

Pepe Silvia

It's nice that this isn't a lump sum of 150k + additionals. It's good to know that he's better team player, because despite obvious superiority in individual skills, Neymar was self-aggrandizing show-boater, who constantly disrupted the flow of play with his ''i'll just stop and take a pot shots at this puny defender for shits and giggles'. Hope he will turn out as good as some (obviously, more knowledgeable people, say he is as they have watched him regularly) say, but we're still fucked if there's none that can be a deep playmaker with high IQ and good close control. We don't need Xavi replacement quality wise as that's impossible, but at least someone, who can play that role decently. In current squad there's no one of that sort.
Alena is to Valverde what Busquets was to Pep.

Messi983

You are forgetting one factor though: being influenced by peers e.g. his father.

Yes, his dad apparently wanted him to stay. :lol: Probably just for a few more days until he'd get his money. Anyway, I think it's enough talk about that spoiled kid and his money grabing dad.

We just got our new future star and should be all happy about that. :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans