11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

Mundo Deportivo claim Ernesto Valverde pushed this transfer through as Barca directors had doubts and presumably wanted to go for Di Maria instead.......
I bet Robert was also on Valverde's side on this as well.

He has been wanted him here since before his move to Dortmund. with Neymar gone there was no way he would let this opportunity slide.

SeloBarca

It is better solely because Roberto is now playing there. Plus we have really good RB finally. We need coutinho though no doubt...

Roberto has never really been good as midfielder, Hes not better than Rakitic.
Iniesta, our best midfielder still, is one year older.

Devils

Umtiti, Semedo, Dembele, Mina, Marlon and Vitinho.

Robert definitely has an eye for young talented black players. :lol:

BarcaOG

Banned
can't wait to see him in action. i prefer him over coutinho. he was so exciting to watch at dortmund. and good thing we hiked up his buy-out clause.

raki

Why does everyone care how much he costs, it's like it's our money so who gives a fook.

Dembele isn't that good imo I've seen him lots of times, people will see what I'm talking about, he lacks that end product, very pacy but his end product is a big giant turd

What do u mean by end product? He´s a phenom.

Messi983

What mistake?

He probably meant Neymar. But that wasn't a mistake from the board. Neydad didn't want higher clause because they already planned to leave us for a year. It's actually surprising he even agreed to 222M clause. But thinking more about that his previous clause was 190M IIRC, he got higher wages after he renewed and 26M bonus for Neydad probably compensated for that raise of clause from their standpoint.

The player has to agree with the release clause. Neymar only agreed to 220M. Dembele 400 and so on.
If it was for the board all of them would have 1000M, obviously.

I have a hard time believing no one would agree to a ridiculous release clause with us when all of RM's players agree to their ridiculous clauses.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Release clauses can be bypassed as Madrid did with those ridiculously​ high numbers. Player doesn't want to sign? Fine, move on to the next.

Messi983

Anyway, clauses are really not important until players are happy here. When they are not, we usually sell them much under their clause or let them go on free.

Just because Neymoney happened we don't have to go crazy about release clauses. If his clause would be 500M an he'd want to leave we would probably sell him for 80M and Di Maria or something like that.

SeloBarca

Not better then rakitic? You are kidding right? Give him month to gem in MF and he will run circles around that turd.

He might be better right now, but thats becouse Rakitic has lost all his footballing skills for some reason.
But Roberto is nowhere near Barcelona starting standard for a midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans