11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

I know some people are worried but 400 million, I can't see anyone even trying to attempt to pay that.

But with the way the market has changed recently, who knows. :lol:

Alik

Anyway, clauses are really not important until players are happy here. When they are not, we usually sell them much under their clause or let them go on free.

Just because Neymoney happened we don't have to go crazy about release clauses. If his clause would be 500M an he'd want to leave we would probably sell him for 80M and Di Maria or something like that.

.It's necessary to learn from past mistakes.
-Dembele has the potential to reach Neymar levels.
-And he hasn't shown yet to be the loyal type.
-We don't know if Barça's downward spiral will continue.
-PSG or City could easily pay 400M€ for him.

Yannik

Anyway, clauses are really not important until players are happy here. When they are not, we usually sell them much under their clause or let them go on free.

Just because Neymoney happened we don't have to go crazy about release clauses. If his clause would be 500M an he'd want to leave we would probably sell him for 80M and Di Maria or something like that.

In general, yes. But you miss out the factor that Neymar's wish to go was greatly boosted by the fact that it was actually possible.
He'd have wasted no thoughts on PSG, had there not been a way to actually get this through. If he'd have a €500m release clause then he'd probably still be a Barca player, would've never phoned with Nasser, and noone would've suspected anything.

It's human nature, people are vaguely aware of the options they have in life, but often they only really consider them when they are lying right in front of them, easy and ready to take.

Last edited:

raki

I have a hard time believing no one would agree to a ridiculous release clause with us when all of RM's players agree to their ridiculous clauses.

It´s your problem then. How board can be stupid but not to that extent. lol. If it was barça decision only Neymar would get a 1000M release clause. He barely agreed to 222M.

It´s your problem then. How board can be stupid but not to that extent. lol. If it was barça decision only Neymar would get a 1000M release clause. He barely agreed to 222M.

Neymar I can understand but how the hell are we unable to get Pique, Busquets, Messi etc to agree to 500m-1b release clauses? Hell we should even be able to get Dembele to agree to that considering he's a Barca fan.

Last edited:

Alik

Because they dont want to. A good question to ask them.

Negotiation is a skill. One that Barça sucks at in the transfer and contract departments, and one that RM excels at.

That's the difference.

Last edited:

Jombi

Its not simply stupidity and the board demanding 1b release clauses and all the players reject it. The board might very well think that giving them a low release clause will cause them to accept slightly lower wage (because the leverage of the player increases as a result of a lower release clause) and the board pat themselves on the back and think they are doing a good job.

raki

Its not simply stupidity and the board demanding 1b release clauses and all the players reject it. The board might very well think that giving them a low release clause will cause them to accept slightly lower wage (because the leverage of the player increases as a result of a lower release clause) and the board pat themselves on the back and think they are doing a good job.

Wrong. Barça has high wages. Its not that.

BBZ8800

.It's necessary to learn from past mistakes.
-Dembele has the potential to reach Neymar levels.
-And he hasn't shown yet to be the loyal type.
-We don't know if Barça's downward spiral will continue.
-PSG or City could easily pay 400M€ for him.

Especially if prices will continue to rise.
In 3-4-5 years players like current Roberto could be 80-100M players, a current Coutinho could be 250-300M player.
So, 400M in 4-5 years could be 222M from this summer.

Yesterday some users posted how Barto expects 1B in earnings in 2021.
If other teams will also start to earn more and more, prices of top players will surely grow.

** In 1992, Ac Milan broke the world record fee for 2 Cfs, Papin and Lentini.
Prices were 12M and 10M Euros.
People were saying that Ac Milan is crazy and that no player is worth 10M Euros.
Papers said: This is the end. This is madness.

A few years ago CR7 and Bale were sold for 100M. That was a madness back then.
This year, Neymar is sold for 222, Dembele for 150 and we are negotiating for Coutinho and he could easily end at 160 or 170M.

So, yes, 400M in a few years maybe won't be AS CRAZY as it looks today.

What was your previous accout username?

Bob88 or something like that.
But I wasn't posting much, I was just reading this forum for years and made a post here and there when we lost in a CL.
I started to write longer posts only in Neymar's thread before Neymar joined us, but someone (probably Flavia) deleted my account.
Those were the days when we were not allowed to talk bad about our players and our future players.

I was pissed for a few Months because I was banned and thought that I will avoid this forum, but eventually I wanted to write again and talk with people and other fans, so I returned.

But you see, Neymar's topic was always the most dangerous topic on this forum, even before he joined us :lol:

Jombi

Wrong. Barça has high wages. Its not that.

I didnt say Barca have low wages. I said that the board might use the release clause negotiations as a way to lower the wage demands without getting much in return for it, as the wage bill is already sky high. Because a high release clause do weaken the leverage of the player, thats simply the facts. You simply claim that the board is doing everything it can to demand 1 billion release clauses for all, just like RM do, but I dont buy that story.

Garrus

Ah for god's sake, What is this obsession with buyout clauses..
Putting absurd clauses means jack shit, Clubs can't force a player to stay, It's counter productive and it almost always ends with the player being sold, If someone like Ronaldo really wanted to leave RM, Does anyone truly believe Madrid will demand the 1 billion clause to be paid?, He'll just end up being sold if there was a respectable offer for him, Same thing would've happened with Neymar if he had a 1 billion clause, In fact it's the same situation in all of the countries where there aren't even buyout clauses present.

The only thing important in a buyout clause is for it not to be too low, At the least it should slightly over compensate the player real value, Neymar clause was not low, It was DOUBLE the highest transfer fee in history, We were more than compensated for his departure, If he had a 500m clause, He would've forced his way out and he would've been sold for 130m or something similar, We hit the jackpot with Neymar.

And I find it funny that this moaning about the release clause being not high enough, Is concerning a player that just decided not to show up for training to force a move, I'm sure putting a billion euros as his release clause, Will protect us from the same shinanegans he pulled with Dortmund if the day comes when he had enough of FCB.

Last edited:

Messi983

In general, yes. But you miss out the factor that Neymar's wish to go was greatly boosted by the fact that it was actually possible.
He'd have wasted no thoughts on PSG, had there not been a way to actually get this through. If he'd have a €500m release clause then he'd probably still be a Barca player, would've never phoned with Nasser, and noone would've suspected anything.

It's human nature, people are vaguely aware of the options they have in life, but often they only really consider them when they are lying right in front of them, easy and ready to take.

Again, if he'd want to leave, we'd let him go. We are Barça, not PSG. And we'd get far less from him if we'd negotiate with PSG.

Neymar I can understand but how the hell are we unable to get Pique, Busquets, Messi etc to agree to 500m-1b release clauses? Hell we should even be able to get Dembele to agree to that considering he's a Barca fan.

We don't need them to because they don't want to leave. And if they will want to leave we'll let them go for much less than what their clauses are. And well, when they signed their latest contract renewals those clauses were still considered very high and I think they still are. Things have changed since then but still no club respecting FFP rules should be able to pay those clauses for years. But if UEFA will allow Q$G to continue doing what they started with Neymoney then everything will go to hell sooner or later. And then release clauses will be the last thing that will worry us.

Jombi

Can't be wages either since Madrid's wage bill is lower than ours IIRC.

Of course it can. We would likely pay slightly higher wages than we do now with 1 billion release clauses for all our players. The board get very little in return for setting the release clauses at low amounts. But the players do get more leverage as a result. Sergi Roberto being snatched is just the latest example. I am sure his agent has been in touch with many top clubs as a result of that release clause. Umtiti might as well (60m release).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans