11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkk

This is guy is talented and has a big future ahead of him, But is dembele a starter material yet?, Worthy of being paired with messi and suarez?
Messi and suarez are in their 30s now, That dreaded rapid decline is about to happen anytime soon, Is pairing them up with a 20 year old the best way to take advantage of these precious two years left of them?
No matter how talented he is, He's still very young, He'll need 3 years maybe more to reach his full potential, But at what expense should that be?, I don't want the last years of messi and suarez to be a long practice session for dembele.

I'm not sure we'll see a rapid decline of Messi but Suarez is a worry. we dont really have many option right now to replace Neymar. Dembele learning from the goat can only be a good thing.

behindbrowneyes

Okay, just to give a fair perspective here.

Guys, if he comes, prepare to get frustrated at times. He's still only 20 and raw. He's not the finished product. You cannot complain if he fucks up a few things once a while despite the potential fee paid for him if he comes, because he still need a couple of seasons or so, to become a more polished player.

Just how it is with every young player. Takes time.

I think he'll be less frustrating than Neymar holding the ball for 10 seconds, but he might fuck up simple passes or shots from time to time.

It is comparable to the situation when Neymar joined us with the difference that Dembélé has 2 years experience in Europe. Neymar was the main man in Santos and basically was allowed to do everything on the pitch and Dembélé starts his runs nearly everywhere.

He will have to adapt to our style, but he has the best beside him which makes everything much easier. Only issue is the language.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It is comparable to the situation when Neymar joined us with the difference that Dembélé has 2 years experience in Europe. Neymar was the main man in Santos and basically was allowed to do everything on the pitch and Dembélé starts his runs nearly everywhere.

He will have to adapt to our style, but he has the best beside him which makes everything much easier. Only issue is the language.

Pretty much it yeah.

Umtiti will be to help when it comes to the language.

behindbrowneyes

Pretty much it yeah.

Umtiti will be to help when it comes to the language.

Yeah, it will help and will not be an issue. Still, it is difficult for M&S to take him under their wings as long he doesn't speak Spanish. The relationship made that trident very special and you can't expect that Dembélé will get along with them as good, but I'm sure those two would receive him with open arms.

springfield

Yeah, it will help and will not be an issue. Still, it is difficult for M&S to take him under their wings as long he doesn't speak Spanish. The relationship made that trident very special and you can't expect that Dembélé will get along with them as good, but I'm sure those two would receive him with open arms.

I don't think neymar spoke Spanish before Barcelona...

Sorin

Okay, just to give a fair perspective here.

Guys, if he comes, prepare to get frustrated at times. He's still only 20 and raw. He's not the finished product. You cannot complain if he fucks up a few things once a while despite the potential fee paid for him if he comes, because he still need a couple of seasons or so, to become a more polished player.

Just how it is with every young player. Takes time.

I think he'll be less frustrating than Neymar holding the ball for 10 seconds, but he might fuck up simple passes or shots from time to time.

Yeah, I'd be fine with that. Like you said, Neymar fucked up a lot of attacks too and he's considered one of the best 5 in the world.

What he'll have going for him is that he's going to be excused in making those mistakes, while the brunt of the pressure will fall on Messi and Suarez. Sure there will be increasing pressure but that's where men are separated from the boys.

Arkk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Real Madrid are preparing a 90M offer for Dembélé. The player would receive 8M per season. [onda cero]</p>— SocialRMadrid (@SocialRMadrid) <a href="https://twitter.com/SocialRMadrid/status/892867629257547776">2 August 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

are they reliable?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="892867629257547776"></twitterwidget>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

are they reliable?

Depends on what journalist it is.

Why the fuck do they want him though? No place.

Perhaps they gave up on Mbappe too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans