11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

The thing is why would we need Hazard if we already have Coutinho as a LW? And you know both Messi and Suarez wont be benched, so not sure how would that work out either.

Hazard is good but will never fit with the players we have now. Either give Malcom a shot or try to develop Dembele as well. Us buying another winger who will just sit on the bench is never gonna work out either.

Coutinho is the slowest winger in history and can only play 60 minutes there as he has stamina issues.

He needs to play CAM or CM even then he can't really defend.

I do not know how to get the best out of him in this salad with the players we have.

henias

Coutinho is the slowest winger in history and can only play 60 minutes there as he has stamina issues.

He needs to play CAM or CM even then he can't really defend.

I do not know how to get the best out of him in this salad with the players we have.

Thanks for pointing that out. Then all the more Coutinho needs to be rotated for Dembele or Malcom.

So u would buy another 200M winger who would be sitting and waiting to be rotated every match, vice versa, Coutinho doesnt fancy 10-15 mins of gameplay every week either if he was the second choice. There's no way Coutinho can be dropped to CM unless Rakitic is benched. All this is due to the bad subtitution/rotation policy.

Even Malcom has no place in this setup so why would we keep spending on wingers for a coach who doesnt even utilise them due to unbenchable players. My suggestion is wait until EV leaves.

Hazard said one million times he wants to go Real Madrid and they will buy him for 99%. Its almost impossible that he will come to us. I think the best Option would be Mo Salah- Yes I know he isnt good as Hazard but we have to be realistic and Salah is also 3 years younger than Hazard and already worldclass

MagIX

The thing is why would we need Hazard if we already have Coutinho as a LW? And you know both Messi and Suarez wont be benched, so not sure how would that work out either.

I agree

IMO:
the problem is simple: now is too late to think about correcting, patch up a wrong (or if you prefer: not optimal) transfer market (Neymar's departure caught our management totally unprepared, their brains shut down). It's tragic that for once we have so much money at our disposal, we fail to settle the team, and we must talk about replacements and new signings.
Only 1 big purchase was necessary: Hazard (we have Coutinho instead and it is ok, but i would choose Hazard over him every day)
For the time being, no further huge expenses were needed. If we got 220mio, that doesn't mean that we have to spend 220mio immediately: we can use the money more intelligently in the future, when, IF necessary, IF we need to, we have to buy very expensive players... (...Suarez recently admitted: "It's normal for Barcelona to look for a nine. I'm already 31")
This season, our midfield with the add of Arthur and Vidal is excellent (without spending a lot of money).

Last edited:

El Trencaxarxes

If PSG give up Mbape then we may consider selling Dembele. Otherwise we don't need any of their boys.
Seriously we need a striker more than anything. It's obvious.

I agree, and finding the right striker is no easy task because currently there are very few people who fit the bill. Suárez does a lot more than score goals - even if he's not been doing it as well as earlier in the last couple of seasons - and finding someone with the same skillset looks very, very difficult right now. In my opinion, Icardi doesn't fit the bill. Neither does someone like Pépé, who looks extremely interesting but is much more of a winger than a striker. Then there's someone like Immobile who has been phenomenal with Lazio, but he's a massive leap of faith considering how poor he was in Dortmund and Sevilla. Iago Aspas is too old already. Then you have a guy like Roberto Firmino who does many things very well. He participates in the buildup, pressures excellently, has great vision and can create. The issue with him is that he doesn't score enough (he's scored fewer goals than Pablo Sarabia in 2018). Finding a replacement for Suárez is going to be extremely difficult and for that reason alone it should be a top priority for us.

Tekkers

Klopp, attentive to Dembélé
Liverpool coach already wanted him before the French signed for Barça

MIGUEL RICO

The big ones, for what can happen, they live with their eyes open so as not to lose sight of any of the things that may happen in the market. And as in the Barça has been speculated on with the possible exit of Dembélé , in Liverpool they have reacted. Jürgen Klopp already wanted him before the Frenchman came to Barça and will move again if he sees an option to sign him.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...2669402705/barca-dembele-klopp-liverpool.html

if valverde stays beyond this season i would love to see dembele at liverpool. playing under klopp would be so much rewarding for him than playing under this current iteration of barca

Donatello

Sell Dembele for 100M and buy another overpriced winger for 150-200M (We're not even sure he'll be better than Dembouz)

Some members in this forum are GENIUSES

+1.

Grass always looks greener on the other side.

Dembele isn't a finished product yet, while there are no alternatives available who will be guaranteed superstar here.

I would rather wait till another manager comes & see how he fares or we could just loan him, but that's a big gamble.

Messigician

Watch how he plays. He stays away from contact. I don't think he would do too well in PL.

He is too soft. He could play with edge more often.

Dembele is a beta male he cannot play with edge more because he is Afraid of being injured so he will never give 100 percent like prime Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans