11 - Raphinha

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
To be honest, most of those are not better than Raphinha/Ferran.

Jota, Diaz & Konate are or have performed better than our equivalent signings imo

Majority of those prices I've listed are about putting into perspective how much Liverpool actually paid for each to show you dont need to overpay for players. while at the same time highlighting how mediocre at best our recruitment has been.
Outside of the Nunez transfer (and gapko too soon to tell but not looking great so far) have been reasonable transfers for liverpool...
to put things into perspective Jesus went to arsenal for less than we paid for freaking torres... (i wouldn't take either of these two but if i had to choose one I'd rather it be jesus).

Last edited:

Porque

I'd sell Ferret for 30m and keep Raphinha. It's not like we can bring in Leao or Osimhen which would be big hits in attack. We'll probably bring someone who is anything but a sure thing in attack. Like that Brazilian dude.

30m for Ferret is optimistic though.

At this point, we can't be selling the players who do well and keep the underperformers. Torres is in his 2nd season and producing far worse than Raphinha. That's purely offensive numbers, not even discussing that Raphinha is better defensively and in terms of pressing as well.

When it comes down to it I would sell Ferran irregardless of the decision made with Raphinha. It is not like teams would only buy Ferran if Raphinha is not available or vice-versa.

Had hopes for him but after a year and a half things are not going to get better. They never do.

We're at the stage that Abde or even Estanis would probably offer more from the left while there are two superior players on the right.

Raphinha on the other hand for all his faults and lack of ability in certain situations, is mentality there from the start. And that gives him the potential to grow.

serghei

When it comes down to it I would sell Ferran irregardless of the decision made with Raphinha. It is not like teams would only buy Ferran if Raphinha is not available or vice-versa.

Had hopes for him but after a year and a half things are not going to get better. They never do.

We're at the stage that Abde or even Estanis would probably offer more from the left while there are two superior players on the right.

Raphinha on the other hand for all his faults and lack of ability in certain situations, is mentality there from the start. And that gives him the potential to grow.

Agreed with most points. I also value being there mentally a lot. Raphinha can create a goal or a great cross or an assist no matter the game he is having. Reminds me of Alexis Sanchez a bit. These players are not elite, but when you add everything, during a season they make a lot of stuff happen. And they are never lazy.

Last edited:

serghei

Been fairly consistent about him, he's clumsy and plumb. And generally I would stay as far away as possible from Serie A.

He is, but like Dembele, he has some serious physical gifts and a certain impredictibility that is valuable for wingers.

Big risk / big reward signing for me. Probably not worth it unless he becomes available for something like 60-70m.

Andresito

Staff member
He's like CR. Does fuck all but manages to grab a crucial goal or assist from nowhere.

I mean he got a decent amount of G/A for a club like Barca, but if someone were to ask me about his strenghts I'd probably say he's got decent crossing and runs a lot, that's it.

mesiesta

He's like CR. Does fuck all but manages to grab a crucial goal or assist from nowhere.

I mean he got a decent amount of G/A for a club like Barca, but if someone were to ask me about his strenghts I'd probably say he's got decent crossing and runs a lot, that's it.

Crossing, long balls and sometimes shots. The rest is meh.

Home of Barca Fans