11 - Raphinha

OVI9323

During a training session, Xavi had to warn Raphinha for tackling his teammates way too hard. Xavi asked him to have that same intensity during matches. Raphinha, with his fiery attitude, got very angry that day. —
@mundodeportivo

Raketa10

Another low IQ player in our squad. We need to sell him together with Ansu and Ferran and finally buy a decent winger who has above average 1 on 1 ability.

delancey

Raphinha has no business acting that way, whether the sub was made in the 60th or 87th minute. I don't like seeing that behavior from the likes of Ronaldo, and Mbappe, and then Raphinha displays it twice now. He probably thinks he's as good as Neymar, Man really lacks self-awareness
I agree with you but I believe that Raphinha would have respected the substitution more if we had a competent hierarchy. One must ask what the point was of substituting our best attacker? Why Oscar, why?🤣

Only Oscar knows. Mastermind behind our attacking patterns. 👀

feggydinho

I agree with you but I believe that Raphinha would have respected the substitution more if we had a competent hierarchy. One must ask what the point was of substituting our best attacker? Why Oscar, why?🤣

Only Oscar knows. Mastermind behind our attacking patterns. 👀
This is what I think happened, Ferran and Fati were subbed in first for Kessie and Jordi Alba, and Ferran was pushed to a midfield kind of position cause Raphinha was still on the pitch (Ferran was useless there, understandably so as he was played out of position).
Raphinha was then subbed out in the 87th minute for Torre so Ferran could have 3 minutes plus extra time in that position and also test Torre in the midfield, so there's still some logic behind the decision even though some people may not agree with it (it's not like Coaches always get the sub right every time)

delancey

This is what I think happened, Ferran and Fati were subbed in first for Kessie and Jordi Alba, and Ferran was pushed to a midfield kind of position cause Raphinha was still on the pitch (Ferran was useless there, understandably so as he was played out of position).
Raphinha was then subbed out in the 87th minute for Torre so Ferran could have 3 minutes plus extra time in that position and also test Torre in the midfield, so there's still some logic behind the decision even though some people may not agree with it (it's not like Coaches always get the sub right every time)
Okay, I am more of the opinion that he was protesting his substitution for he lacks respect for Xavi and Oscar. Would he do the same thing to Guardiola if he were playing in City? I doubt it.

I know it has been said a few times on here, but it really amazes me how someone who played under so many talented managers, who was a midfield GOAT himself, could end up being such a crap manager. That is why He protested his substitution. He does not respect the one who is making the calls.

But yes, he should have respect for his team mates.

Messi983

I get your point but how much conclusions can you really make out of 3 minutes? If that was Xavi's idea then at least give it 15-20 minutes.

feggydinho

I get your point but how much conclusions can you really make out of 3 minutes? If that was Xavi's idea then at least give it 15-20 minutes.
True, 3 minutes is quite short to make an impact, but you've got to come on or off if your coach asks that of you and that's what makes the tantrum more pathetic for me, cause how do you complain when you played for 87 minutes? They would probably resolve the issue behind closed doors

Deco

Culé since 2005
Raphinha is overall not good enough for Barcelona, he should hit his prime soon. More like an average winger, fits well in Chelsea are midtable team in PL. But who will replace him? Most likely to stay, not many good wingers to get on the marked, maybe sold next summer. Al depens on summer window and deadlineday.

vuji_31

True, we will probably get shitter player...

Maybe Chukaweze as backup, or go yolo for LW because RW market is shit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Won't be against selling him if we can recoup our money or turn a small profit.

Then again Ansu and Ferran need to go too so how many wingers can we realistically sign? And do we trust them to sign an actual winger and not just sign Dani Olmo and play him on the LW?

Home of Barca Fans