11 - Raphinha

Gnidrologist

Yeah, I'm prejudiced alright. We all are on a spectrum, but I wouldn't make claims about our players based on their background, be it nationality, ethnicity or other base line characteristics. So there's that, I guess.
That you immediately make racial associations with something others say, means you keep them in mind 24/7. Hope your morality improves. :dobetter:

Messigician

Nahh, you are perpetrating disgusting, narrow-minded viewpoints along with a few other rotten to the core apples - hopefully your morality improves, there is always hope.

Stating that Raphinha would be a favela hoodlum obviously has nothing to do with his ethnicity or background. Mere random conjecture 😏
No one said anything about a Favela?

The fact you found it racist tells more about your own prejudices.

kattanib

This guy is not only useless, but he also occupies one of the starting 11 spots. Why dont we sell him and get some cash? I am sure Yamal and Abde won't be worse

FinBarcelonafan

He is a sub to me. Shouldn't start for Barca.. Annoyed. If he failed in PL, we could have gotten him for that 25mil. clause and that would mean we could bench him. Now he is our "superstar" so we are forced to play him.

I don't think he has the qualities to be a top winger.

Temptation

He is a sub to me. Shouldn't start for Barca.. Annoyed. If he failed in PL, we could have gotten him for that 25mil. clause and that would mean we could bench him. Now he is our "superstar" so we are forced to play him.

I don't think he has the qualities to be a top winger.
Don't think even his mum considers him a "superstar" tbf.

serghei

It's true that for top teams his price is closer to a bench player than starter nowadays. Stars are over 100mil.

That's inflation for you. 50-60m now is the 15-20m of old. There's a 2 - 3x difference these days and it's not going to drop back. The clubs that can't afford to compete anymore financially will soon be left behind for good.

JamDav1982

'Superstars' are rarely moving clubs anyway.

The top clubs have to try and find value also.

Likes of Bellingham and a few will but a lot of clubs are over paying for players also.

Raphinha type transfer should be compared to what other clubs are getting for similar fees.

serghei

Not only bonafide superstars saw a huge increase in prices. All players did. Nowadays, you pay a 30-40m fee for a decent talent like a Trincao. The increase is top to bottom.

JamDav1982

As is always the case.

Trincao was that fee near enough a few years back but would not be close to that now and even then was inflated fee with Ruiz.

Not far off same time Barca find Pedri, Araujo etc who would be worth 200m+ as a pair an payed very little.

Still plenty value being found by teams year after year.

serghei

Yeah, but transfers such as Pedri and Araujo are very rare exceptions. You get one like that in a team, but the rest? Those usually follow the norm.

Look at Liverpool. They have a great manager and try to rebuild their squad in the current market. Invested hundreds of millions and look miles off City atm. They didn't even make top 4.

Barca need to get back to buying elite players somewhat near their prime (of even elite talents or elite young players ready for the big step). That's the mark of a real tier 1 club. I don't see any of that, we're not even in the mix. That has to get fixed, or our status among the top clubs is gonna be massively affected.

Signing and developing raw talents either Barca-based or from smaller clubs for good prices is nice, obviously much needed, but there's a whole new component over that that for us it's completely missing atm. And that's obviously signing ready-made top class players in the right age bracket. Not oldies like Lewa and Gundogan who already had their best days at other clubs.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans