11 - Raphinha

JamDav1982

Even that acrobatic effort was good connection but lack of awareness.

Lewa and Ferran have tap in to empty net if he lays that across goal but all has in head is to try some elaborate effort.

That was second time in space of a few mins he got tunnel vision when could have squared ball.

This is not Araujo thread
Thanks, I was on 5 players commentig and posted in wrong thread.
Btw Raphinha is bad. I mean he can do things but 1on1 very bad. I love him but he isn't good. I hope he can be better and develop, but now... Maybe he needs better partner on the right side.
Same thing happened with Cancelo and Felix last night.
Raphinha is ... I don't know... Sell or keep... Hard stuff... FCB and money are tough.
If Cancelo leaves, than Felix also, and as bad as Balde plays now. FCB needs RB, LB, LW, RW etc... Very, very complicated!

Fati_Future_BallonDor

No words about Raphi??

Was good yesterday, now without dembele we need his pace to drive the ball forward. His fighting spirit was immense. Only his finishing was crap.

JamDav1982

First half yesterday was probably his best for Barca.

The tactics allowed him to come off line more and get closer to Lewa which in turn allowed Pedri to be an attacking mid more so than a second striker and he connected with Gundo and FDJ.

It looked like Atleti decided the Cancelo/Felix left hand side is the one they wanted to shut off at expense of right hand side in first hald and as a result Raphinha and Kounde got a lot of space.

Raph faded in 2nd half when Atleti pushed up and put Barca under more pressure. He isnt really that pacey wide option on the break.. none of the front players are that.

Porque

Think was one of the first games in a while that the starting 11 played like a final and were extremely motivated. We had this kind of intensity last year when we were fighting for LaLiga, but didn't match it with the level of attacking football. Perhaps a quality issue given what the Joao's have (short term) added to our left side.

As such, guys like Raphi and Joao looked the business. Hell even, Lewy was closing down and working harder off the ball but like Raphinha lacked the finish.

I reckon words were said about Barca which Felix brought to the players attention, which coupled with Xavi approach lit a fire under the players ass. It did seem a bit personal for more than just Felix.

If we can put that sort of effort in the majority of games (let's face it, it is expected to have dud performances here and there) then guys like Raphinha who are hardworking but not individually spectacular will perform way better purely by being surrounded with movement and speed.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Never wanted him here. Still don't want him here. But have to commend him for at least having some tricks in his box. Bar Felix, most of the players are playing it safe and playing easy balls out to him and putting the onus on him to make the difference.

His game is all over the place at times but you have to credit him with at least TRYING to effect the game.

Total-Football

This player is needed period. Great attitude and dedication. It inspires the rest to move their asses a bit. Also a pressing machine.

Iniesta Ultra

This player is needed period. Great attitude and dedication. It inspires the rest to move their asses a bit. Also a pressing machine.

Imagine if Messi covered his face in desperation every time he hit woodwork. Watching donkey is more embarrassing than rag doll, least latter's not semi-retarded.

Blanco

Clearly not appreciated enough by your fan base. Big difference when he is playing instead of Lamine Yamal, especially in defence. He is not a world beater, but he is your best winger. Great attitude also.

Home of Barca Fans