11 - Raphinha

Maradona37

Teams are remembered more for their accomplishments and victories, because that is what generations will read about them, how they achieve it or their style of achieving it will be a matter of narration and perception. Very few remember how Xavi won the league 3 seasons ago while claiming champions then, same way little is remembered about how well Barca played taka tiki in 2012, except that the records shows that they lost the league to the champions, Real madrid. Greece are on record as Euro champions, whether they played taki tiki or route 1 football.
Not replying to the rest of your rant, but there are exceptions to this. Everyone remembers Hungary in the 50s and Holland in the 70s more than the West German and Argentine teams that defeated them. You reference Greece - they're a subject of derision now ('if Greece can do it...') and everyone romanticises the Czech republic side they defeated in the semis in that tournament. Pep's/Enrique's Barca are seen as better and more fondly than the Real Madrid team of the same era because of more pleasing football, despite winning fewer CLs.

Whether you like it or not, the 'how' matters, and the beauty of the game/its aesthetics is still of paramount importance. Otherwise we are just robots counting up stats and trophies like gimps. Whether you like it or not, people want to watch beautiful football and be entertained. If you cannot understand that, I would question why you follow football in the first place.

Anyone who plays the game for the love of the game (as I do) would say the same thing by the way.

You'll probably reply with a rant and ad homs. I don't give a fuck - what I am saying is fact.

Home of Barca Fans