11 - Raphinha

Iniesta Ultra

Notice almost entirely medium to medium long assists and assist attempts, no tiki taka.

cue: tiki taka dead you can't handle modern football waaambulance posts

Gazzznigga

Notice almost entirely medium to medium long assists and assist attempts, no tiki taka.

cue: tiki taka dead you can't handle modern football waaambulance posts
Rigidly insisting on "taka tiki" and only wanting players that fit into that philosophy when the progenitors had left the club, were some of Barca's undoing in recent years.

There is a reason agility and adaptation are some of the key success factors of long lasting business empires.

Iniesta Ultra

Rigidly insisting on "taka tiki" and only wanting players that fit into that philosophy when the progenitors had left the club, were some of Barca's undoing in recent years.

There is a reason agility and adaptation are some of the key success factors of long lasting business empires.

Cue strawman waaambulance.

Players who can tiki taka are more talented. Coaches and players being afraid to make mistakes is a non-starter for an elite team.

If Yamal doesn't get proper support then he's going to stagnate while Flick accommodates rags and donkey.

Gazzznigga

Cue strawman waaambulance.

Players who can tiki taka are more talented. Coaches and players being afraid to make mistakes is a non-starter for an elite team.

If Yamal doesn't get proper support then he's going to stagnate while Flick accommodates rags and donkey.
Gibberish!!.....what are you on about, man?

Equating tiki taka or taka tiki to superior talent is the most warped line of thought I have seen in many years. Being able to pass the ball around and sideways better or out from back does not make you more talented or better than the dude who is able to move it out relying on his other physical attributes(speed, stamina, strength, aerial prowess, etc). Its akin to saying a Mats or a Valdes is a more talented goalkeeper than a Buffon or a Schemiechel because they are able to play with their feet better or, Pique a more talented defender than Maldini, Baresi, or a Nesta because he can makr sideways passes more. Comical reasoning.

The ironic thing is, nobody even plays it any more except maybe a watered down version by City. Even Xavi abandoned it for a more direct style in his two fulll seasons at Barca.

Again, which of Barca coaches/players were or are afraid to make mistakes? Maybe if you cited examples, I could unlock the warps in your thoughts better. Perhaps, Xavi(an avid apostle and one of the progenitors of modern Barca taka tiki) was one of the coaches who was afraid of making mistakes, having understood the need for pragmatism a lot better than many of you, internet experts. Or maybe its Flick that is so afraid to make mistakes by jettisoning taka tiki and playing a more direct style while sitting astride the league since day 1. He must be a failure, too afraid to make mistakes but you get overexcited with Barca being number 1 on the la liga table.

Teams are remembered more for their accomplishments and victories, because that is what generations will read about them, how they achieve it or their style of achieving it will be a matter of narration and perception. Very few remember how Xavi won the league 3 seasons ago while claiming champions then, same way little is remembered about how well Barca played taka tiki in 2012, except that the records shows that they lost the league to the champions, Real madrid. Greece are on record as Euro champions, whether they played taki tiki or route 1 football.

On Yamal, if Flick accommodates rags and donkeys and wins all the trophies, would you consider him being afraid or being pragmatic? It appears your preference is for Yamal and Barca to play taka tiki all day long and end up empty handed in all competitions. That is considered success for some of you.

Delusions and buffoonery combined!!

Last edited:

MontenegrinCuler

I watched a little bit of the game, yeah indeed Brazil sucks heavily

In my opinion they're better off not even qualifying for the world cup, because the first serious opponent they met there will slap them like Germany in 2014 did

Raphinha played a solid game from what I saw. The problem generally is not in Brazil's offense, they of course have plenty of world class players there. But midfield and defence are utter embarrassment.

iniestaGOAT

I watched a little bit of the game, yeah indeed Brazil sucks heavily

In my opinion they're better off not even qualifying for the world cup, because the first serious opponent they met there will slap them like Germany in 2014 did

Raphinha played a solid game from what I saw. The problem generally is not in Brazil's offense, they of course have plenty of world class players there. But midfield and defence are utter embarrassment.

When Neymar returns he will do the slapping

Home of Barca Fans