11 - Raphinha

Birdy

Gliding past opponents? He would be dumb to do that. We didn't brought him to be flashy. We brought him to be composed, aggressive and a constant danger.

If anything his attempted dribbles should go down compared to his Leeds days.

Dembele is hit and miss. Loses the ball for fun. This guy is better passer but also good at keeping the flow of the game and not being a ball hog.

Raphinia had a lot of misses also yesterday via passes and not dribbles. Same result.

The question is which skill is more necessary. One-twos with the people close by to generate a triangle OR getting past opponent via aggressive dribbling?
We will see...
But IMO the latter will be more necessary against good, compact, aggressive buses (If you recall the Eintracht game at Camp Nou for instance)

mc_lovin

The biggest difference is how utterly shit Dembele is at receiving passes. All the pace in the world, no threat behind. I would be shocked if Raphina is not a starter.

feggydinho

The biggest difference is how utterly shit Dembele is at receiving passes. All the pace in the world, no threat behind. I would be shocked if Raphina is not a starter.

Raphinha also has poor controls at receiving the ball, so no need to make it look like he's a Mahrez or Messi at receiving the ball. They both still create dangers despite that, anyways the control bit would be more evident as he now plays for us

mc_lovin

Raphinha also has poor controls at receiving the ball, so no need to make it look like he's a Mahrez or Messi at receiving the ball. They both still create dangers despite that, anyways the control bit would be more evident as he now plays for us

I honestly thought he looked quite clumsy on youtube, but much better in full games. I will reserve my judgement for now, but not gonna lie, I am insanely optimistic about him (Kessie as well, who I thought had the same issues).

serghei

That's a very good deal.. especially when Chelsea had deal for 75mil. Wow.

That's the advantage of having Brazilians crazy to play for us to follow in the footsteps of their idols. Leeds were selling to us or to nobody, and considering he kind of had massive contribution to them staying in the EPL last season, they were fair in the end.

Fair deal for both parts. 50m is still a good sum. 75m was over the top price anyway. It's fair for Raphinha to go for around Luis Diaz fee.

We basically saved the PL tax.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans