14 - Javier Mascherano

Co0ter

Meta was saying something about a double pivot with masch and busi so.

Also think of how bad ass our midfield would be to have players like masch able to kill, literally murder anyone daring to attack. Puyol and Pique would be boreed put it that way man.

Then why not just call ourselves Inter Milan. If anyone paid attention last year, when we had Bousquets + Keita or any two of the trio Yaya/Bousquets/Keita our possession was awful. We played Bousquets and Keita together and we looked lost. Sure we won but it was in an ugly fashion that a few were even complaining about. We move the ball less accurately and the passing in general is just slower and sloppy. We'd be more solid in defense for sure...but aren't we already solid enough with one DM in the first place?! Neither Mascherano or Sergi are versatile enough to offer anything else but their role, which is identical.

I'm still not sold on Sergi honestly, to me he's done absolutely nothing special. He's just a big guy taking up space. His passing is mediocre and he often holds onto the ball too long. He is also very error prone and lets face it, he reminds me of Ronaldo when he gets hit. I just dont like him much and he has a lot to prove. I honestly was very surprised to see him in Spains WC squad. I see him as massive potential, not massive quality.

..................................vv.............. .................................

alves/adriano......pique.........puyol/milito..........abi/max

........................masch..................... ........................

.................................................b usi......................

................................xavi.............. ...........................

messi................villa/bojan.................iniesta/pedro

no?

For the last time, Iniesta isn't an efficient Barca winger. He can't score worth a damn and he's not that fast. Sure he can assist, and thats great and all but he can do that FROM THE MIDFIELD...where he belongs.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

They are 2 different types of DM. It gives us more depth and depending on the type of match, Pep can choose either 1 or field 2 at the same time, pushing busquest to midfield and iniesta to the wings.
Yes... It's way better to have options, than only one player for the position.

Barcafan 2304

Keita.

Busquets is a fundamental part of the team from a function point of view. Keita will be out next summer.

Just intimated as much in another thread but i agree, the possible loser in this is Keita. Busquets rise has been phenomenal and he wont be, nor should be, out of favour. I think Keita's position looks the more threatened now

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Keita's days were always numbered anyway...I think most of us were thinking 2011 would be the end for him here as a regular player...Especially if Cesc is back, as well

Not sure if coaching is in his mind but love to see him have a role at the club going forward, one day

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I think the price we got was pretty decent, and a fair one for both parties considering the situation. We certainly needed another DM, Busi can't be expected to play every game, it's not possible. Masch will offer competition for that role and as others have mentioned, he's a different type of DM to Busi, which is a plus.

Playing Busi and Masch together would be very defensive, I'd be surprised to see it. Not that Keita adds much creatively anyway, but he can score goals, so he'll still be backup for Xaviesta. Next summer he'll be out though almost certainly.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hi:

Here is an article from Sports regarding Mascherano:

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=724824&idseccio_PK=803

The article is saying that Mascherano accepted three million euros less from Barça, so that the team could up his transfer fee from 19 mil to 22 mil. What player has done that? Does he want to play for us or not?

Best regards,

Hektor

My understanding is that by renouncing his transfer fee rights, he brought the total transfer fee down from €22 million to €19 million

Home of Barca Fans