and in the 2nd half he went with -

---------------Valdes-------------
Dani Alves--Pique--Milito--Puyol
-------Busquets----Keita---------
---------------Xavi------Maxwell--
Pedro----------Messi--------------

so I wouldn't be surprised to see the double pivot

zanela

In today's world Masherano is an exemplary footballer, he accepted no assurance of regular football and no super money offer to come to a club where he feels really passionate about playing. We are in a time where clubs like City are throwing money around and piling footballers up in their dressing room. In a time like this, someone like Mashcerano steps up and makes the statement that its not all about the money. A great leader, he is. As far his playing abilities go, it's clear that Pep sees him as a possible makeshift for Xavi; and that tells a lot. He brings a different kind of purposefulness in the midfield as far as building up an attack goes. He is the best DM of the world and is a master of sliding tackles. His distribution and passes are a joy to watch. I'm very glad that we got him and he plays for us.

Everyone and their grandmas want to represent FcBarcelona post the treble. The desparation to leave Liverpool but more importantly England was born of personal reasons. Looks like its hard for a footballer's wife these days to learn a new lang or adapt to foreign culture. :thumbdown: And while placing family over money is commendable, does not indicate passion for his current employers nor does it make him an exemplary footballer(certainly not with his on-pitch behaviour). Its not like he rejected other top offers to come to us. Had we captured Cesc, our main summer target we would've most likely brought in a cheap quality DM for a back up which was the ideal thing to do. But the Cesc saga having stretched till until the last weeks of the transfer window coupled with the lack of available options at the time made him a decent proposition.
Busquets is the undisputed starter which means Javier will 've to earn his minutes. And with Xavi being cautiously used this season, 20M on the bench doesn't reflect good on us. Hence his makeshift. :p But with the emergence of Thiago and the imminent Cesc transfer i fail to see how Mascherano will get his sub time even. :lol:

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
You just don't like Mascherano, Zanela.

If De Rossi had joined Barcelona, you wouldn't make Busquets that undisputed starter. :p And Mascherano is better than that Italian batsy boy.

Barcilliant

I would 100% play the double pivot against Madrid. I think Mascherano would dominate against RM's midfield. He would break up their play and neutralise that bitch Christina.

Tomchin

Masch having an excellent game again. Two things I particularly like about his performance tonight: 1) Ball-recuperations, 2) Excellent long-range passes to Alves

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Masch having an excellent game again. Two things I particularly like about his performance tonight: 1) Ball-recuperations, 2) Excellent long-range passes to Alves

Agreed...Especially on point #1, he almost always won a ball back that he'd give away - his closing speed is perfect for his position, something even Yaya didn't really have

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed with the guys above.
I was beginning to worry we would lost points again with no Busquets as DM.

Home of Barca Fans