14 - Javier Mascherano

Tomchin

Honestly, I think Mascherano could be a starter in every club in the world, maybe except just Barca, because of some specifics. For now he's saying in his interviews that all of these rotations are not problem for him and so, but come on - we all know that it's a complete bullshit. It is a problem and soon or later it'll become an official problem. World class players can't be rotated, it's a law.
Well, that's the strange thing about the whole Mascherano-transfer. Mascherano perfectly knew what to expect (Pep favoring Busquets over Toure; which was a correct decision of Pep); so he knew that he'd get a lot less playing-time at Barca than at any other topclub. So I'm not sure what attracted him:

1) His wife wanting to live in a Spanish-speaking country
2) Having his good friend Messi as his teammate
3) Improving his play (he was already excellent defensively, and now he wants to improve offensively)
4) His fascination for Barca

Difficult to say; but from initial interviews, it seems like he's very realistic, and perfectly knew what to expect at Barca. Maybe that's just all a facade, I don't know.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Honestly, I think Mascherano could be a starter in every club in the world, maybe except just Barca, because of some specifics. For now he's saying in his interviews that all of these rotations are not problem for him and so, but come on - we all know that it's a complete bullshit. It is a problem and soon or later it'll become an official problem. World class players can't be rotated, it's a law.
It's not bullshit. 'I have nothing against rotations' basically means I'll be rotated in the beginning, then I'll show the manager that I deserve to start.

Tomchin

Fuck you. Whered you hear that, Marca?
During last summer, he only had 2 possible destinations: Inter and Barca. So if he'd leave Barca, it'd make sense that he would go to Inter.

On a related issue, a team like Milan perfectly could use a pitbull like Mascherano in their team. I'd hate to see such a move go through though. After the way Uncle Fester ridiculed us in front of the whole world (by offering 24M for our "superstar"), I don't want to do any business with them anymore.

It's not bullshit. 'I have nothing against rotations' basically means I'll be rotated in the beginning, then I'll show the manager that I deserve to start.
But will he get the start eventually? I can't see Pep benching Busquets for him tbh.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
But will he get the start eventually? I can't see Pep benching Busquets for him tbh.
If Mascherano is patient, plays exceptionally whenever he's played and Busquets has a rough patch, he will take his place permantely. Just watch him. Remember Pedro for Henry last season?

Tomchin

If Mascherano is patient, plays exceptionally whenever he's played and Busquets has a rough patch, he will take his place permantely. Just watch him. Remember Pedro for Henry last season?
Yeah, but Busquets is 10 years younger than Henry, so I doubt he'll go through a rough patch so easily.

I'm a big fan of Mascherano, but on the other hand Busquets is vital to our success as well; so I hope they both get about the similar amount of gametime (50% 50%), and not 75% for Busquets and 25% for Mascherano

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Whats this BS about Masch leaving? People have to stop reading Marca and News of the World.

ryuken

What plan B, we dont have any plan B. And this charade of Mas leaving is not from Marca or shiet of the world but from our view. The whole idea of paying a high amount for a player for plan B is preposterous.

Richard.H

Yeah, but Busquets is 10 years younger than Henry, so I doubt he'll go through a rough patch so easily.

I'm a big fan of Mascherano, but on the other hand Busquets is vital to our success as well; so I hope they both get about the similar amount of gametime (50% 50%), and not 75% for Busquets and 25% for Mascherano

Yeah I'm on the same page as you. I was really hoping for more 50 50 gametime between the two. The two are such world class DM's that you have to feel a bit bad for Masch being benched.

desoe

Whats this BS about Masch leaving? People have to stop reading Marca and News of the World.

Nobody is reading shit, it's the logical outcome of the situation. If you think that:

1) Mascherano is going to send Busi on the bench under Pep

2) Mascherano will be watching his team playing from the bench and accept a part role

then you need a quick reality check.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Nobody is reading shit, it's the logical outcome of the situation. If you think that:

1) Mascherano is going to send Busi on the bench under Pep

2) Mascherano will be watching his team playing from the bench and accept a part role

then you need a quick reality check.

Logic? What logic? Its only your logic I see here. How do you know how Mascherano thinks? Do you know him persoanally? The answr is no so unless he comes out and says it don't try and put your logic up as if its the one and only logic.

desoe

captain-obvious-5-nobrain.jpg

XaviMessiGirl

Knew something like this would happen, going from playing almost every match at Liverpool to being an occasional sub for Barca. If he was unhappy in Liverpool he is bound to be unhappy here, unless he really does care about his wife's supposed happiness that much (I'm sure she personally is much happier in Barcelona than Liverpool).

We'll see though, it could just be the press stirring shit as per usual.

Home of Barca Fans