14 - Javier Mascherano

Pepe Silvia

Busquets may as well be a midget because he makes no use of his height during headers/corners/set pieces.

His length is great and wins him a lot of balls in open play, but his tackling is no where near Mascherano's is either. They both get great results but are drastically different in technique. I'd agree that for our squad though, Busi is the clear fit.

Mascherano is the clear wildcard option. Pep will let him loose soon during the upcoming stretch of games you'll see.

barcaboy15

Wow, he was really great in that game. Busquets is a lot better than Mascherano at what he does but Masch does offer other OPTIONS and I think if he played more and built up his confidence he could be really really good.

I'm getting more and more excited for the 2nd leg now!

Barcilliant

This may be Masch's last season here-seems Juve is interested and Barca would sell at the right price. I think we would sell at 16 million euros. The guy is a sub and although its great to have him on the bench he still hasnt quite settled in. I dont want him to be sold but I doubt he will stay another season on the bench.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I like having him as part of the squad but if we're being honest, he's too good to just be a rotational player...Should be starting at a big club

Ohio Catalan

I really hope the dude stays, I like Masch's game and I think he could be a pivotal part of a really good side for several years to come. However, I think it is probably in his best interest to move on, sooner rather than later, because there is a younger player ahead of him that is far more ingrained in the system. The likelihood that he ever starts an exceptional amount of games over the next couple of seasons at Barca is low and he knows it. I'm torn because he seems like a cool guy, he's a hell of a player and I love being able to call a player "The Machete". It's like a bad 80s movie.

Anyway, guy is great for Barca regardless; we're either going to have one of the best defensive midfielders in the world playing reserve to one of the best defensive midfielders in the world... or we're going to get rid of him for greater or equal value and have gotten some good performances out of him. I see my man Masch as a win-win. That is unless Rosell decides to sell him to the first bidder's first bid and he goes for nothing...

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I wouldn't mind if he left. I was okay with the signing because we got him for much cheaper than I thought we would, but I never wanted him. We have a great prospect in defensive midfield in Romeu, so someone like Senna would have been ideal, someone who's nearing the end of his career and wouldn't mind sitting on the bench for most of the time.

Koma

It would be shame if he left, Masch is one of the best if not the best DM in the world, his tackling and work rate are amazing. To bad he isn't that suitable for Barca style as Busq is.

Home of Barca Fans