14 - Javier Mascherano

Ocelot

He left Liverpool which was a sinking ship at that time to join the best team in the world were he knew that he would be a sub. Why should he join Juventus who are in a worse state than L'pool

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like him to stay. He's showing the right attitude and has his best years ahead of him.
He doesn't offer us as much options as Yaya did but what can you do.

Birdy

Masch is a great player and he should not leave.. There are characteristics that he is better than Busquets. He can defend better in a counter of the opposition, he is better in his positioning in the defensive phase in every case, he is much much quicker and agile than Sergio but of course he cannot hold the ball for a long time nor play pintpoint passes.

I think Pep should give him more chances.. If he was the sub in emirates we would not have lost the game for sure.. He was the ideal player for last year defeat in Milan, when Inter were countering devastatingly..

@Boyan
Yaya should have never left Barca..
It was an unfair treatment from Pep last year.. He lost his place when Busquets was not as good as he even was in the WC, and also towards the end of the season he was even the third option. When iniesta was injured Pep always prefered Keita to double Sergio and not Yaya.. From end of March onwards, he played only one important game (inter home) and as a CB cauz there were less options avaiiable..
It was easy to understand his bitter feelings during the summer transfer window.. How could have he stayed?

Of course he can play in every position in the center and as a CB, but Yaya is a trully number '8' - not number '6' (like Masch), nor number '10' (like Deco) -, the player to carry the ball from the halfway line to the border of the last third of the pitch..

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'd like him to stay. He's showing the right attitude and has his best years ahead of him.

exactly. he's working hard and he's not complaining. he's shown how well he can play in some games, being an absolute demon in midfield. he'll get better the more time he has to play with these players and to get used to the system.

He doesn't offer us as much options as Yaya did but what can you do.

yeah it's a shame, but there's no one to blame there by Yaya and his agent. they forced the exit.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
LOL!!! can't blame him for that. from Gretzky to Cryuff to Klinsmann ... it's the woman who runs the marriage and make the business decisions. can't fault him for that. only Michael Jordan ever chose divorce over changing his ways. and that's MJ.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
True. I mean I would have wished JM well and given him my support, if he left the proper way, but he chose the low road and refused to play so I am just amused that he is hardly playing and will never displace Busquets........not because of ability but because Busquets came through the system and thus is looked upon more highly.

He will move to Italy either this summer or next summer. Or even be part of an exchange deal with Cesc as Arsenal could do with JM in their team. Song and JM in midfield is a massive solid base to work on and would work well.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I could see JM being moved to Arsenal for Cesc. but I rate JM really highly. if he's willing to put aside his ego and work to improve and work within the system, then Pep could utilize a double-DM formation where necessary. it's a matter of him taking the year to acclimatize to the system. He's most def S-M-R-T enough, just need to see if he's motivated enough.

Barcilliant

He should be playing in the cl games against english opposition and against teams who counter-like Inter last year. Busquets is often found wanting or hasnt got sufficient cover in these games. Masch relishes tough physical encounters.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He should be playing in the cl games against english opposition and against teams who counter-like Inter last year. Busquets is often found wanting or hasnt got sufficient cover in these games. Masch relishes tough physical encounters.

yessir.

he seems to be doing so.

he'd rather be a squad member for us than a starter for you.

man, he must have hated Ed's mum.

FIXED THRICELY!
[/mature]

Home of Barca Fans