14 - Javier Mascherano

Pepe Silvia

It's Busquets that makes the big difference against Madrid and having Mascherano in the lineup plays to their favor if you ask me. Against them, I'd want a Pique - Puyol with a Busi - Xavi - Iniesta. Masch is half a second behind those players in thought and it would essentially rob us of time on the ball. Also he would get skinned again by their attacking midfield. Busi rarely has to play catch up.

In Argentina v USA, Cambiasso > Masch > Banega

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Argentina have loads of talent IMO I'd take masch and banega over cambiaso.. Banega comes very close to masch and he's also young I believe ?

alex 10

his been very good for us this season and has been getting better and better

better than yaya toure?

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Argentina have loads of talent IMO I'd take masch and banega over cambiaso.. Banega comes very close to masch and he's also young I believe ?
I really wasn't impressed with Banega this weekend. He wasn't anywhere to be found in that game. Masch was around and Cambiasso had a better game, seeking out the ball rather than being reactive like Banega. He will have his chances more and more though with this Batista team. I think Cambiasso will too. The real highlight for me was Lavezzi & Messi. Those two were electric and had Di Maria been on his usual game, things could have gotten really ugly for USA. I want to see Pastore tomorrow against Costa Rica. I like the way Sergio Batista is getting in these younger guys. He just needs to seriously shift around that backline because it is very suspect right now, don't you think?

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
I really wasn't impressed with Banega this weekend. He wasn't anywhere to be found in that game. Masch was around and Cambiasso had a better game, seeking out the ball rather than being reactive like Banega. He will have his chances more and more though with this Batista team. I think Cambiasso will too. The real highlight for me was Lavezzi & Messi. Those two were electric and had Di Maria been on his usual game, things could have gotten really ugly for USA. I want to see Pastore tomorrow against Costa Rica. I like the way Sergio Batista is getting in these younger guys. He just needs to seriously shift around that backline because it is very suspect right now, don't you think?

I just read vs the u.s. I honestly didn't see the game I had the tv on but was busy doing something else. You could be right ha.. And the back? Milito was there right? Why not Samuel? Or Demi.. Or where they playing? Again didn't watch it completely

Pepe Silvia

I just read vs the u.s. I honestly didn't see the game I had the tv on but was busy doing something else. You could be right ha.. And the back? Milito was there right? Why not Samuel? Or Demi.. Or where they playing? Again didn't watch it completely
Andujar in for injured Romero.
Milito played alright.
Burdisso
Rojo (new dude looked pretty decent)
Zanetti

^Real basic defense and nothing exceptional shown. If the Argies faced a good team, they would have been beaten.

Andujar should have held on to that header. I guess that's why they call it friendlies so they can experiment with new players and tactics. The midfield and forwards of Arg looked fantastic, just lacked the finish on a few occassions. Again, the backline needs work.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes

Samuel got a ligament injury and has been out for a few months/is out for the rest of the season.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
So Argentina have loads of talent up front and in the middle but nothing special back there :/
Like a large breasted girl with no ass :(

Home of Barca Fans