14 - Javier Mascherano

Pride

I love Masch, I really fuckin do but .... he's like the smaller, weaker version of Yaya that is not as good in the air who doesn't pass as well.

Better tackler though, arguably.

Richard.H

What the hell is with all the hate for the badger? Jeez you people antagonize a player as soon as they make one mistake. He's a great player but the squad is just rusty. Calm down people...

Moe

powered by;
I love Masch, I really fuckin do but .... he's like the smaller, weaker version of Yaya that is not as good in the air who doesn't pass as well.

Better tackler though, arguably.
and that's exactly what we need because we have a better version of Yaya in Busquets

Pride

Busquets and Yaya are different types of players, honestly, Yaya is better defensively and offensively with his runs but Busquets is better at distribution and possession, and thus fit in better with Barcelona's system.

Yaya Toure, however, is probably better for most other teams.

In our particular instance, Busquets is superior. And Busquets is not more physical than Mascherano either, that's the problem, I'm a bit scared with him at CB.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
People forgetting the sterling job he did at Wembley. Think it's more to do with early season and not being quite ready more than anything else.

He was good... But he hasn't got the positional sense to play a centre half. It was evident on a few occasions last season too but the awesomeness in our midfield didn't let that affect us. Last match, since the midfield machine was not in it's full flow it was even more evident.

A decent CB to chip in here and there a few times? Yeah he is good enough for that role. Is he good enough to be the primary back up for the CBs? No he ain't that

adil_909

A decent CB to chip in here and there a few times? Yeah he is good enough for that role. Is he good enough to be the primary back up for the CBs? No he ain't that

exactly. he works as a backup CB because this is barca and we control possession and he has little to do. if he were in madrid, he would suck at CB.

the problem is this will work fine until april. if in april we are playing with abidal/masch in cb and heading to stamford bridge or old trafford, i have serious doubts about whether this pairing will work.

oh well i've come to peace with this issue for now. but best believe it, you'll be hearing from me summer 2012 as soon as the window opens. we MUST get a cb during that time. (you'll likely also hear from me in the meantime if puyol/pique are out for a long time and we are sucking)

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
not a good CB but manageable when barca are playing with their starters :( i really wish we would buy a CB and have our mids play in the mid :(

Moe