14 - Javier Mascherano

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
This guy shouldn't be the one backing the central defenders! He can make a few last ditch tackles, that's his very speciality, but he's got zero positioning... NADA!!

Come on Pep, sign a fucking defender. It'll surely prove to be really costly if we don't sign one. We need somebody so Pique at least has a legitimate competition in the team for fuck sake!!

Sebastian-Coates-1.jpg

E

estranged

This guy shouldn't be the one backing the central defenders! He can make a few last ditch tackles, that's his very speciality, but he's got zero positioning... NADA!!

Come on Pep, sign a fucking defender. It'll surely prove to be really costly if we don't sign one. We need somebody so Pique at least has a legitimate competition in the team for fuck sake!!

Exactly, his positioning is terrible, and his last ditch tackles are just playing with fire. He could fill in at CB for a game or 2 (even big games) but I hope tonight was proof that he shouldnt be there in the long term.

E

estranged

if his distribution was pants, i wonder what his positioning was. seriously it felt like we were playing with 1 CB tonight.

Vegy

A world class tackler, but not as fast, tall and experienced to be in Barca's CB position against Madrid.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
this masch at CB is ridiculas...we would have played much better this match if he was in the DM position that he has played his whole life

Barcafan 2304

People forgetting the sterling job he did at Wembley. Think it's more to do with early season and not being quite ready more than anything else.

P

PhilS

Masch will be on the field at CB, at least until Puyol gets back. I thought the main reason RM had so many chances last Sunday was all the turnovers by the Barca midfielders and forwards. The back line held it to two goals, which is no shame against an offense as potent as RM, when RM plays as well as they did that first half.

Home of Barca Fans