14 - Javier Mascherano

impeh

Hi, its me..
i like him at CB, hes just lacking height.
His slide tackles are awesome though :wub:
but pairing him with abidal wasnt ever going to work, as both arent realllyy CBs and probably wont ever play together enough.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's better than Busi at CB. And as long as he is paired with Pique there shouldn't be much problems.

Co0ter

Mascherano was a beast today. Everytime he had to step up and do something he did it flawlessly. Our defense as a whole, during both the first and especially the second goal, needs to be more sharp. They are giving players too much space in the box and time on the ball...but that isn't Mascherano's sole fault. Like I said, BEAST.

That is what 3-4 times he's played against Real Madrid (probably the second/third best team in the world with Man U) and has been clutch every time. I'm all for bringing in a CB, but if he's anything but world class, i'll stick with the badger.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Mascherano really had a good game tonight. He fought for every loose ball while doing his utmost with tackling and clearing up anything comine his way. Our defence tho should have done better for the second goal.

He actually became a bit better after they switched placed with Pique and was bossing ever since that until the end of the game.

impeh

Hi, its me..
another good game, hes argentina captian for a reason. Obviously hes not puyol/xavi, but you can tell hes a leader.

dalitis8

Banned
Yeah, that is laughable. He's one of the best tacklers in the game and certainly better than Yaya in that sense.

OK, but Yaya is better in other departments. But what the heck , I prefer Mascherano for many other reasons, especially the fact that he does not mind being a squad player.

Home of Barca Fans