14 - Javier Mascherano

Maria

He is one of the few players that are keeping this team together. And I hope that from now on he will be more bossy with Pique when needed.

Cataloniakid

Time after time, Mascherano shows why he's one of hardest working and versatile players on this team--and though he rarely captures the headlines over the likes of Messi--it's good to see him receive some well-deserved applause from the fans

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
My gosh he is a tough basterd I wish xavi and inesta would get a bit of his toughness (prepares to be yelled at)

Doobs

The Messiah
I think he is gonna get his chance in the classico, thanks to Pique's stupidity.. he has been our most effective defender, i have full faith in him, although he wont produce any attacking play like Pique..

B

barcelonista

I'm worried with his aerial play. He's below par at it. He's produced dozens of awkard moments heading (or missing a header) the ball where it should not be headed. It started against Porto in the European Supercup (completely misjudged header into the path of the free striker) and I've seen it at least a dozen of times since then ... Apart from that, he's a beast at any other aspect. Dude just needs to grow 4 inches.

B

barcelonista

I think he is gonna get his chance in the classico, thanks to Pique's stupidity.. he has been our most effective defender, i have full faith in him, although he wont produce any attacking play like Pique..

Even if they don't ban Pique from El Clasico, he'd play (alongside Pique). Puyol's not going to play against one of the fastest attacking teams in Europe anymore.

Doobs

The Messiah
Even if they don't ban Pique from El Clasico, he'd play (alongside Pique). Puyol's not going to play against one of the fastest attacking teams in Europe anymore.
Whatever the team i really hope we do better defensively than we did in the super copa.

PS. We need a Puyi replacement, question is, is there anyone worthy enough?

P

PhilS

Masch will be getting more minutes than any other player at CB this year, because he has been the best CB this year. Will he get any playing time at all at DM? Even while Keita is out?

e28makaveli

I'm worried with his aerial play. He's below par at it. He's produced dozens of awkard moments heading (or missing a header) the ball where it should not be headed. It started against Porto in the European Supercup (completely misjudged header into the path of the free striker) and I've seen it at least a dozen of times since then ... Apart from that, he's a beast at any other aspect. Dude just needs to grow 4 inches.
:hooray: think it is too late noh?

Love his tackles. Dude is tough as nails.

Home of Barca Fans