14 - Javier Mascherano

X

xaviniesta

he did the right thing by trying to keep to ball on the field. you know what xavi would tell you?
‘If I go to Liverpool’s ground and someone puts the ball into the area and Carragher hammers it out of play then the fans applaud. In the Nou Camp you would never be applauded for that'

i saw a video where valdes didn't make a short pass and kick it long and pep was absolutely furious about that, like we had conceded a goal or something.(i think it was the games vs porto) mascherano has done a fantastic job. our defenders and valdes are like referees. nobody notice the little things, how they keep the ball in play always, how they try to play out of trouble etc. they do 99% of the time the right things and decitions, but when they make a mistake, then it's like hell. it's really frustrating.

:mascherano:

LaMessiah

he did the right thing by trying to keep to ball on the field. you know what xavi would tell you?
‘If I go to Liverpool’s ground and someone puts the ball into the area and Carragher hammers it out of play then the fans applaud. In the Nou Camp you would never be applauded for that'

i saw a video where valdes didn't make a short pass and kick it long and pep was absolutely furious about that, like we had conceded a goal or something.(i think it was the games vs porto) mascherano has done a fantastic job. our defenders and valdes are like referees. nobody notice the little things, how they keep the ball in play always, how they try to play out of trouble etc. they do 99% of the time the right things and decitions, but when they make a mistake, then it's like hell. it's really frustrating.

:mascherano:
while i agree with what you said, the pass itself was a mistake, not the intent.

E

estranged

not liking the masch hate in some posts, its like people ignore the 90% awesome things he does and focus on the 10% he did wrong, he was not to blame for either of the 2 goals, as xaviniesta said he did the right thing by keeping the ball and he was just unlucky to have not got that tackle on the first goal right. no one was to blame for the first goal, and on the 2nd both abidal and pique should be blamed more than masch.

while i agree with what you said, the pass itself was a mistake, not the intent.

he made that pass in a a very awkward position, so it wasn't surprising that he executed it poorly, he had no space and was off balance.

Last edited:

jamrock

he really cost us two points yesterday, the back pass should never have been attempted should have just kicked it out for a throw in. but it just goes to show how well pep has this team drilled

E

estranged

he didn't cost us 2 points. if we didn't concede that goal, i somehow doubt we would have scored again ourselves, it seemed like we needed something to chase in that game. plus, how can you place all the blame on masch for that 2nd goal and not on Abidal who had a simple clearance to make?

jamrock

1) i am not truly blaming masch, shit happens, but under the circumstances it would have been wiser to give atletico a throw in.
2) i can't blame abidal, the ball was wet and the pitch was holding the ball up, if he hadn't gotten anything on it maybe.

E

estranged

i can't blame masch, the ball was wet and there were puddles everywhere that's why he slipped in that tackle. the pitch was holding the ball up, that's why that bacl pass to valdes was executed so poorly.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I applaud his initiative to pass the ball back to Valdes. I liked it. I cursed when they got a corner, and again when they scored, but I still think he did the right thing. Just poorly executed.

Barcilliant

At the moment he is Barca's best defender. Pique unfit, Puyol has become old. I cant blame him. He's been pretty damn good and his tackling is better then ANYONE in the squad.

Home of Barca Fans