14 - Javier Mascherano

Theconomist

With all due respect to our captain and his successor but Mascherano has done everything right in the past few months. If Pique wasn't a cantera Masch would have started.
This I feel is the problem with our system.Non cantera players are considered second fiddle. I'm fine with it when it's Bojan vs Ibrahimovich but Masch deserved a start.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Mascherano: "I've always said that Puyol and Pique are the starters at centre-back. You have to adapt and be ready when the coach needs you"

X

xaviniesta

attachment.php

Pepe Silvia

So many drama queens looking to start shit when one of our guys don't get a start. Masch UNDERSTANDS his role therefore he can not be mad at sitting out sometimes. We have such a great system Pep plays that ALL of our guys sans Messi get to take advantage of rest just as much as they do play. It is not so much a bad thing as some are making it. We have plenty of players in each position to step up and make big plays when we need them to (sort of like my San Francisco 49ers this year).

Pepe Silvia

Pretty much beast as always however did give away a stupid free kick in the area. So intrigued at how our cantera and first team practice with eachother giving that sense of "Team Spirit". Everyone knows their role and contributes whether they are sitting or playing every minute.

SeloBarca

To many misstakes, missing his marking, not putting players offside and playing the ball through the defence area. Quite noticable hes not really a CB at times

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can you blame him? He's making the best from what he's been made to be.
An absolute legend this young Javier.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I've noticed that sometimes he has trouble with offside traps, especially in plays like Betis' first goal... I don't blame him though, those are things that come with experience for a rather new CB...

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
he was on the goal line because valdez had came out... every def would have done that... hard to blame him for that

and yes he tackles are ridiculously tough and efficent

Home of Barca Fans