14 - Javier Mascherano

M

mitkoa7x

Mascherano: "Mourinho saying Messi's 50 goals are worth nothing? Last year Cristiano's goals did mean something... No comment."

Gotta love him :)
He's rumored to get an extension and a pay raise too.

definitely has to happen

King Leo

Banned
Gotta love him :)
He's rumored to get an extension and a pay raise too.

he deserves every penny, after all he took a pay cut to join us and submitted to play a defender's role to help the team and did he help?

oz187

Hopefully with another years experience and a full preseason as a confirmed CB he irons out some of his positional mistakes and becomes a complete CB next year.

hellsangel1

He;s been good for the most part in La liga but he did make crucial mistakes that cost us against Chelsea and Milan (the goal that AC scored was because of the bad positioning of Javier) in the Champions League.

hellsangel1

I wish we had bought a taller CB instead of Mascherano and someone who was a regular at such an important position. He's good enough for most of La liga but at as we saw against Chelsea and Milan.....he can get into trouble against taller,more physical strikers. We need someone who is physically stronger and can be a threat on corners for us. It's ridiculous how vulnerable we are from corners and the lack of height. It's one of the reasons why Valdes looks anxious and wants to come out and punch the ball so often,he doesn't believe that our players can win the ball in the air.

We used to have Theirry Henry, Eto'o, Yaya Toure, Abidal and also Pique when he was a regular for the team but now both our front-line and defense looks VERY vulnerable from corners and set-pieces. We need to address the height issue in our team.

Last edited:

Maria

We used to have Theirry Henry, Eto'o, Yaya Toure, Abidal and also Pique when he was a regular for the team but now both our front-line and defense looks VERY vulnerable from corners and set-pieces. We need to address the height issue in our team.

I don't have a problem against Masche being one of our CB if he plays next to Pique and Abidal, not with Puyol though..but now everybody wants to sell Dani and replace Abi with Alba, instead of thinking at a CB like Hummels(who could make a good pair with either of Masche, Pique or Puyol) and at a LB who could provide us deffensive stability first. Let us not forget that THIS Chelsea scored 3 goals against us in 180 minutes and RM only one last year. As bad as the finishing was this year, the deffence was even worse.

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I don't have a problem against Masche being one of our CB if he plays next to Pique and Abidal, but not with Puyol..but now everybody wants to sell Dani and replace Abi with Alba, instead of thinking at a CB like Hummels(who could make a good pair with either of Masche, Pique or Puyol) and at a LB who could provide us deffensive stability first. Let us not forget that THIS Chelsea scored 3 goals against us in 180 minutes and RM only one last year. As bad as the finishing was this year, the deffence was even worse.
:worthy:

Galning

We hit the crossbar four times, if they went in you would've been one of those people saying oh my god we rule. Get rule, it's sport you can't win every time. This team is still brilliant and the defence isn't weaker than last years'.
If our attack and defence is considered bad then what does it make other teams'?

Maria

We hit the crossbar four times, if they went in you would've been one of those people saying oh my god we rule.

No, I wouldn't have..and we also weren't capable to beat Chelsea with one man less and needed 2 penalties to beat Milan.

Get rule, it's sport you can't win every time. This team is still brilliant and the defence isn't weaker than last years'.
If our attack and defence is considered bad then what does it make other teams'?

I'm not the one who compared us with other teams, but you're the one who said that we're the best team in history. And I've said that based on this year's games, we're not.

The waka waka kid has gone missing he was one of the best defenders around so we have become weaker in defense.

Not to mention that we lost Abidal, our best defender in 2010/2011 and a 34 y.o. Puyol will have to recover from his second surgery..

Home of Barca Fans