14 - Javier Mascherano

Aasim

Bumbleman
Yeah, he was good but i'm not sure if it was right for Rafa to play him there.

However he did play well. Even our future players can't get into a final...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
.. and both Sergi and Toure are better in that department and are more versatile. Mascherano is a different kind of DM and could offer us some interesting options but I just don't see Pep subbing Sergi next season and Mascherano is too expensive to sit on the bench.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
He's a great DM, but I'd rather prefer someone that could pass

you been watching the world Cup right

bojan is right... no point in shelling out money.. it would be bettter to bring an older experienced DM to help Biscuits along... I prefer to have at least one large black midfielder in the team.... so lets get one of those from the french league in

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
you been watching the world Cup right

bojan is right... no point in shelling out money.. it would be bettter to bring an older experienced DM to help Biscuits along... I prefer to have at least one large black midfielder in the team.... so lets get one of those from the french league in

:slap:

Étienne Capoue is a player that is an interesting option from Toulouse

barca96

:lol:
dm is being direct. "large black midfielder"
i feel the same way. kinda gives me security.:lol:
and yeah i like capoue too.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Who needs Mascherano, if Busquets needs cover we have Marquez, he's performed well thus far at that position in the World Cup, fits the description of an older experienced DM to a tee and is already a Barca player. He would also bring those awesome long range passes, free kicks and headers of his to the equation aswell!

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Rafa would be eaten alive as a DM in the Primera...He just doesn't have the pace let alone technical ability to own that part of the pitch...I increasingly get the impression he will be ushered out this summer

Barcafan 2304

Was a story on EL Mundo Deportivo website today concerning Mascherano. Spanish not good but im guessing he is being linked with Barca

zanela

Rafa would be eaten alive as a DM in the Primera...He just doesn't have the pace let alone technical ability to own that part of the pitch...I increasingly get the impression he will be ushered out this summer

Hope you're not serious. :icon_confused:
I concede he is slow, injury prone and occasionally displays bad sense of judgement. But technique he does not lack. His ball control, distribution, long-range passing, vision is Barca quality. Wht he lacks in pace, he makes it up with his positioning and reading of the game. He may not be able to press our midfield like Busi, but he can still do a job there. And then his set pieces are a plus. Rafael Márquez is one of the more technical players you'll find in the game.

His experience is invaluable. Hes been a loyal Barca servant. I'd rather he retire here. Rafa is pure class and i dont say tht abt many footballers. :)

Last edited:

barca96

liverpool wil reject a bid from inter as a revenge on rafa benitez.
liverpool rather sell mascherano to us rather than to inter.

but what do we do with him? do we want to play with 2 dm's?

Barcafan 2304

liverpool wil reject a bid from inter as a revenge on rafa benitez.
liverpool rather sell mascherano to us rather than to inter.

but what do we do with him? do we want to play with 2 dm's?

Competition for places? Maybe we want to create a scenario where we have players vying for every position in the side. Dont see the problem with having 2 DM's in the squad.

barca96

but i dont think javier would be fine with sitting on the bench.
or if he benches busi, it wont do busi any good.

what we need is an experienced squad player.
not another star

Barcafan 2304

but i dont think javier would be fine with sitting on the bench.
or if he benches busi, it wont do busi any good.

what we need is an experienced squad player.
not another star

Maybe. Got to say though, id like to see Macherano in a Barca shirt, been impressed by him. It might even do Busquets good to have someone breathing down his neck of some quality.

In any case, there may be some truth in what you say above. I wonder if the Inter move has fell on its arse cos there is ill feeling between Liverpool and Rafa?

Home of Barca Fans