14 - Javier Mascherano

zanela

I dont quite understand the reasoning behind bringing another first choice DM when CM is more need of the hour. Bus is our starting DM which means we need a bck up not a mascherano who 'll demand first team footie and we're bck to the Touré prob. I thought the cash from Yaya's sale would be used more wisely by investing some of it in the Cesc transfer as its proving to be quite an expensive affair while the rest going on a backup DM. Blowing up the entire cash on a costly DM isn't the most wise thing to do.

barca96

yeah. we lost a great dm & cm in yaya to groom busi at dm.
why in the world would we bring another great dm to leave busi on the bench?
especially now that he has excelled. that would be a blow!

Barcafan 2304

Though it is the case nowadays that it is important to have a big squad. It could well be the case as well that Toure went because he didnt get on that well with Pep but that does not mean that we will only have Biscuits as our only DM and pep may be planning to bring in another of that ilk.

Of course, that may be shite. Just saying like.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I've said it before... Signing Mascherano is purely done to humour Messi, nothing else, nothing more... I'm not judging if it's right or wrong just pointing that out...

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Mascherano clearly is man you need.. It is fact you need destroyer in your team, that is what you lack, and you are set for the next 5 years lol...

But i dont think you will get him, he will sign for inter, 90% done deal... i just dont think Inter needs him.

Trequartista

The good
Mascherano clearly is man you need.. It is fact you need destroyer in your team, that is what you lack, and you are set for the next 5 years lol...

But i dont think you will get him, he will sign for inter, 90% done deal... i just dont think Inter needs him.
I always thought that Mascheano would be a great addition but Busquetes is developing well and Pep wont bench him for Mascherano,I guess we will get him though,if Inter land him a Mascherano-Cambiasso-Sneijder midfield woul be a mdream midfield.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
too defensive IMHO.. Unless Inter has two attacking full backs, i dont see that midfield working... Sneijder cant do all alone, he needs someone that can connect the defense with him. And neither Mascherano nor Cambiasso are good at passing or creating something... They would do great only if Inter has 2 attacking full backs, who will go forward, and the two DMs to cover their runs..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Capoue is the way to go...Mascherano was a worthwhile pursuit a few years back but no longer, IMHO

barca96

too defensive IMHO.. Unless Inter has two attacking full backs, i dont see that midfield working... Sneijder cant do all alone, he needs someone that can connect the defense with him. And neither Mascherano nor Cambiasso are good at passing or creating something... They would do great only if Inter has 2 attacking full backs, who will go forward, and the two DMs to cover their runs..

inter has always been defensive :lol:

Pepe Silvia

Capoue is the way to go...Mascherano was a worthwhile pursuit a few years back but no longer, IMHO
Capoue doesn't seem the type who would happily drive a butcher knife through the side of someone's neck though.

We do need cover for the fragile Iniesta, so Cesc gets first in triage should we choose to splurge, but if that falls through (likely) let's go ahead and lift the most explosive in the game and bench the still-being-potty-trained Busquets.

Barcafan 2304

Given finances, i think we will only go for other midfielders (such as Mascherano) if the deal for Cesc does become a dead duck.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
inter has always been defensive :lol:

never said the opposite.. I just said something else, that there will be no one to connect the attack and defence... As second DM Cambiasso needs player that can actually pass the ball, not only to defend..

Home of Barca Fans