14 - Javier Mascherano

gimmick

Just watching the Liverpool Spurs game. Mascherano just throws himself into tackles with complete reckless abandon. Same as every other time then. He cannot time a challenge properly. If he came to La Liga he would be sent off every week or two.

Please Pep, for the love of Christ, do not sign him.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Pep's rates him highly and doesn't really rate Toure at all.

I think Mascherano is a good player. Top 10 DMs in the world. However playing with 3 midgets in midfield is suicide..

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Just watching the Liverpool Spurs game. Mascherano just throws himself into tackles with complete reckless abandon. Same as every other time then. He cannot time a challenge properly. If he came to La Liga he would be sent off every week or two.

I agree totally, Yaya offers everything tht Mascherano does, without needless and reckless tackles which result in alot of bookings and sending offs.

+ he would be punished more severly in La Liga than he is in the EPL

:toure:

Sallou

hear, hear. Though it's a pity he does that, because he's a good DM. In the sense that he harries and puts pressure on players very well.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I agree totally, Yaya offers everything tht Mascherano does, without needless and reckless tackles which result in alot of bookings and sending offs.

+ he would be punished more severly in La Liga than he is in the EPL

:toure:

No he doesn't. Sorry but Barcelona defend through possession and Liverpool are a lot more prone to counter attacks than Barcelona. Mascherano is a in a lot worse position than Yaya Toure,

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
No he doesn't. Sorry but Barcelona defend through possession and Liverpool are a lot more prone to counter attacks than Barcelona. Mascherano is a in a lot worse position than Yaya Toure,

i know, liverpool are a far inferior side, but if he needs to, yaya can do everything that "Machete" does. good tackler, and he is far better on the ball than mascherano, better in the air, the ability of the 2 sides cannot be compared, the players can..

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I know how good Yaya Toure can be, but he is slightly lazy. While he is very good on the dribble, Mascherano is very good playing one touch football and his ability to stick right in front of the back four is quite commendable as players these days are very keen on going forward and leaving spaces behind.

You'd be surprises as to how much space yaya leaves behind, he is first and foremost a CM. Mascherano has the ability to read plays and intercept passes where as Yaya is very good at one on ones. He is more of a creator than an interceptor.

Yaya has been working out for you because of his size, agility and his flair (for a DM) but more importantly, like I said, because Barcelona keep the ball for a long periods of time.

Home of Barca Fans