14 - Javier Mascherano

Neeraj

That might be a bit soon, but I'd like to see him at DM more often, like maybe 10 more games this season. His passing has improved so much since he came to Barca, I think he would be an upgrade not only at snuffing attacks but also with the through balls. Not even Busquets should have a guaranteed spot.

As to making him permanent competition for that spot, I agree that it might take some time. But sometimes, in the big games, you have to take certain steps based on form, nullifying the opposition, etc. So I think it would be a good move as a sort of improvisation for one game. Pep did this a lot in big games (improvising as a one-off, not Masch)..

Zangash

Banned
Come the fuck on guys, this is the kind of game we used to play Lord Song in that gave him that perfect record with us for the longest time. And now you're discussing starting him over Busquets in El Clasico?

Busquets is arguably our most vital player and the fact that so many of you are underrating him is really quite disturbing.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Masch-Busi-Raki for the first half in the classico and then bring on Xavi or Iniesta for whoever is the worse of Masch or Busi in the 2nd half

F

Flavia

Masch-Busi-Raki for the first half in the classico and then bring on Xavi or Iniesta for whoever is the worse of Masch or Busi in the 2nd half

The clasico is not a game to experiment on. Fielding a midfield that never played together would be a very bad idea.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
The clasico is not a game to experiment on. Fielding a midfield that never played together would be a very bad idea.
remember when MESSI first played as false 9?
with the busquets`s form i will be much more comfortable with him. and he will do much better against madrid`s dangerous front line with his defensive ability.

F

Flavia

remember when MESSI first played as false 9?
with the busquets`s form i will be much more comfortable with him. and he will do much better against madrid`s dangerous front line with his defensive ability.

That's completely different. Apples and oranges. Midfield is the spine of the team. Playing 3 players that never played together there(Masch, Busi, Rakitic), plus with Busi out of position, is a very bad decision. Asking Messi to exploit a void, which was what Pep did, would never harm the defense or the midfield.

Neeraj

I don't think anyone is underrating Biscuits nor do I think playing Masch is a very big experiment. He is experienced and plays well in that role, we know that, Biscuits in not in form and we need a sort of enforcer in midfield against Madrid...It's not really changing the spine of the team I would think.

My midfield would be Masch Iniesta Rakitic, but I am almost certain Masch will be playing as CB again.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I hope from the bottom of my heart that Masch doesn't get to play CB when we have 3 CBs for 2 positions fit and hungry to play

F

Flavia

I don't think anyone is underrating Biscuits nor do I think playing Masch is a very big experiment. He is experienced and plays well in that role, we know that, Biscuits in not in form and we need a sort of enforcer in midfield against Madrid...It's not really changing the spine of the team I would think.

My midfield would be Masch Iniesta Rakitic, but I am almost certain Masch will be playing as CB again.

As I'm the one who mentioned experiment, I was reffering to playing a midfield of Masch-Busi-Rak, who never played together even once. That would be a very big experiment.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If we want to try a Busi-Masch double pivot with Rakitic/Iniesta in front of them, the Clasico is not the game to try it for the first time ever.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think if Lucho ever tries a Busi-Masch double pivot then it'll be with a backline which consists of both Alba and Alves. Otherwise you could just stick out Mathieu at LB as an added defensive option and go with Raki-Busi-Xavi/Iniesta

Home of Barca Fans