14 - Javier Mascherano

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
There's really no need for a double pivot of Masche and Busi. Mathieu gives the team the flexibility needed to not have to shuffle the midfield for extra defensive muscle.

Subbing Alba for Mathieu at LB, gives you an extra plus defender and strengthens the backline without altering the midfield and the forward line.

If there is a change to be made for the sake of defense, that's the one that should be made.

Alarcón

I thought he did very little of note today, average performance and his distribution is totally incompatible with our style of play

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I love his persistent pressing. Always seems to recover the ball when he sets his mind to it.

King! alot of good passes, some busquets safe passing but also the long ball right on target Always very strong. Should play there more, much more...

Kerrybai

I thought he did very little of note today, average performance and his distribution is totally incompatible with our style of play

You must have been watching a different game, or else you are just biased. He was great today, he had 7 tackles many and won the ball back many times. His passing was just fine too.

F

Flavia

I think Masch should start the clasico at DM. I wouldn't risk playing Busi. Even if he's free of pain, he hasn't played in a week.

Zangash

Banned
I think Masch should start the clasico at DM. I wouldn't risk playing Busi. Even if he's free of pain, he hasn't played in a week.

Mascherano would get so found out against Real Madrid it wouldn't even be funny.

Although you do have a point, Busi could be a bit sluggish just coming back. Worst time for him to get injured imo.

ScoobySquats

He should start the Clasico. I think Madrid might over run Busquets in particular on the counter.

I wouldn't mind seeing him with Busi tbh. I think they would compliment each other fairly well. If not a Masch-Rakitic-Iniesta midfield with Xavi and Rafinha coming in as subs would do well to control the flow and end it off

Neeraj

Last night, he proved once again that he really should be the one playing CDM over the weekend. I had mentioned earlier that seeing how Lucho has made selections so far, I coudn't see it happening. However, there are a few factors now which complicate things - The first being Sergio's injury, is he fully fit, etc. The second being the fact that Masch played 2 games in the role and has stood out. Last one being, with Pique being atrocious and our general hesitancy in using Bartra (I must admit, he hasn't impressed very much when he plays), especially in big games, then it almost becomes an automatic selection of Mathieu and Masch in defence.

Unless he puts Pique in for a) big match, experienced player and all that jazz or b) biscuits just cannot start as he is not fully fit which means Masch HAS to play CDM.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this pans out.

Home of Barca Fans