14 - Javier Mascherano

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
After Messi, clearly our best player - amazing!

Edit: We should really try to play Busi on CM more and Masch on DM - Masch can handle the DM position, but could Busi flourish on CM?

Last edited:

King Leo

Banned
Was the best player on the field after Leo of course. Simply amazing in MD and not bad in defense. How luck we are to have a world class leader on our team

Darko

Is it just me or did he play some kind of floating playmaker role for the last 10 minutes or so, he popped up between the lines like a false 9, on the right wing, then that key pass leading to Pedro's assist to Messi? :lol:

Zangash

Banned
I figured there would be a bukake going on in here over this game.

It's worth noting that he didn't play any better than Samper did in the home leg. Playing well exclusively against crap opposition (The only time Lucho will play him in midfield over Busquets, mind you) means you're good against crap opposition. Bartra has played games against teams far better than this but when he does it he's still "Not proven". What a joke. And no, his world cup does not mean he's ready to play in midfield for us over Busquets. Sorry.

blaugrana1987

It's worth noting that he didn't play any better than Samper did in the home leg. Playing well exclusively against crap opposition (The only time Lucho will play him in midfield over Busquets, mind you) means you're good against crap opposition. Bartra has played games against teams far better than this but when he does it he's still "Not proven". What a joke. And no, his world cup does not mean he's ready to play in midfield for us over Busquets. Sorry.
Yea obviously, he is good only against crap opposition :lol: So how the fuck did Argentina get to the finals without conceding a goal if he is subpar DM? ATM he is clearly the best in the world at that position, and dare I say looks much better then Busi with our way of playing this year.

He gives ball into space faster, he is better tackler and much faster then Busi. Busi at his best is better DM, but Busi hasn't been the best in a looooong time...

Antimadridista1

Jesus :facepalm:

anguy

The fact is, that this year he's been better than Busquets at DM position. He was always better defender, but right now I believe he's also better midfielder. He seems to be faster, more agile and has better long ball. Just my opinion.

Zangash

Banned
Yea obviously, he is good only against crap opposition :lol: So how the fuck did Argentina get to the finals without conceding a goal if he is subpar DM?

First of all, nowhere did I say he's "Subpar". Name one, and I mean a SINGLE big game in which Mascherano was played as CDM. Almost every single time I get to hear about the World Cup when I ask this. That should speak for itself. Mascherano played well for Argentina, but last I checked Argentina doesn't play the same way we do. As I've said already, most arguments I hear are based entirely on his performance in the Worlc Cup.

ATM he is clearly the best in the world at that position,

Based on what? His time with Liverpool? His World Cup? Or his game against Apoel? If he was really the best CDM in the world (Lol) he wouldn't be a fucking CB.

and dare I say looks much better then Busi with our way of playing this year.

Based on WHAT? The game against Apoel? Busi against Sevilla (A top 4 team in La Liga) was better than Masche vs Apoel (The weakest team in the CL group). If you put Mascherano against top opposition your opinion that he's somehow the best in the world would look really stupid. Keep in mind, Sergi Samper made these very same guys his bitch the first time we played them. Is he in the top 5 CDMs as well then?

He gives ball into space faster,

False.

he is better tackler and much faster then Busi.

Busi doesn't traditionally have to make harder tackles or make long distance sprints because he knows where he should be in relation to the ball and makes sure he is there when needed. Only when the midfield is a plate of scrambled eggs does he falter, and no, shoving Mascherano in there against PSG and Real Madrid won't magically solve our problems.

Busi at his best is better DM, but Busi hasn't been the best in a looooong time...

He was at his best not even five days ago...

BarcaGirl

jesus christ :facepalm: this has to be one of the most retarded posts ever.

Paganinisrvnge

Masch was awesome. I don't understand why a lot of people think Busquets is some God who never screws up. Busquets at his best in the right system is the best DM in the world but Masch is a better pure defender and more versatile.

Home of Barca Fans