14 - Javier Mascherano

Zangash

Banned
How was this match the exact same circumstances?

Masch has played better this season in the matches that are more comparable.

The circumstances being Mascherano performing poorly because of the poor system. A system that hasn't actually changed since Busquets has been playing poorly.

Masch played better against shit teams, which up until now was the only type of team Lucho would use him as CDM for. As it was shown against Valencia, in a big game he is nowhere near being the CDM we actually need, and anyone trying to compare his performance to Busi played as a CM are just showing how desperate they are to put Busquets down despite him being a superior Barca CDM.

Alik

The circumstances being Mascherano performing poorly because of the poor system. A system that hasn't actually changed since Busquets has been playing poorly.

Masch played better against shit teams, which up until now was the only type of team Lucho would use him as CDM for. As it was shown against Valencia, in a big game he is nowhere near being the CDM we actually need, and anyone trying to compare his performance to Busi played as a CM are just showing how desperate they are to put Busquets down despite him being a superior Barca CDM.

So you think that the only difference between this game and the others is the fact that we played a tougher team? Playing Busquets and Xavi out of position had no impact?

Zangash

Banned
So you think that the only difference between this game and the others is the fact that we played a tougher team? Playing Busquets and Xavi out of position had no impact?

So now you're blaming the players he played with instead of the system?

Lucho's tactics in midfield are dogshit and whether it's Rakatic and Iniesta or Busquets and Xavi, the midfield is going to be about as strong as a baby oak in a hurricane and the CDM stands little chance.

In an ideal world we would be playing with a Busquets-Gundogan double pivot, but we'll have to wait at least another more season before we can even contemplate that option. Busquets is certainly the better DM for Barca, but with Xavi's decline can we no longer dominate games like we used to. So playing Mascherano as DM is as much about freeing Busquets to dictate play as it is about shielding our defense.

The fact of the matter is: you can't play a double pivot without an AM because otherwise there's no link between the midfield & the attack. But not only was it the first time that both Busquets & Mascherano were fielded together in midfield, most of the time we weren't even playing with a double pivot as Mascherano was playing further upfield than either Xavi or Busquets on more than one occasion.

hamoon32

He is losing his spot on the starting XI.
Pique/Mathieu partnership looks solid and perfect for enrique and busquets is a starter. so i don't expect him to play many games.

He is losing his spot on the starting XI.
Pique/Mathieu partnership looks solid and perfect for enrique and busquets is a starter. so i don't expect him to play many games.
On the other hand, Alves' position looks very vulnerable so I wouldn't mind if he actually takes over that position and play a similar formation like we used to when we had Abidal.

Barcilliant

Because he is the best man on his position. Not only in Barca. Not only in Spain. In the WORLD!

This!

Busquets isn't really out of form. Its just the fact that Xavi & Iniesta aren't what they used to be so he is being exposed BIG TIME.

We need a more physical aggressive DM with the current team situation. Busquets is not that. Iniesta, Rakitic and Mascherano should be our midfield trio. If Lucho could stop rotating and actually have a settled 11 I am sure this would be our best midfield.

Ghosting

With busis continuous dwelling on the ball, I'm starting to lean more towards wanting Masch as a starter DM over him, he adds a lot more work rate, determination, grit, and as shown with his pass to suarez he at least attempts attacking balls from deep. Busi contributes none of this, Masch does occasionally does a bad pass, but as I say with Busi repeatedly being caught on the ball, there isn't much loss possession difference, not in key areas anyway

sabby

I feel surprised being a Busi fan but against bigger/tougher/physical clubs , Mascherano should be the starting DM ahead of him.

Home of Barca Fans