14 - Javier Mascherano

JamDav1982

Nobody wants to come in and talk about how much of a beast he was?

I think I know the reason why.

He had a decent enough game and his passing out from the back was superb.

But I am sure you will point to one moment when he tried to win ball and got sucked out of defence... something Barta did also by the way.

SeloBarca

He did his job, nothing more. Noone in the team had a bad game today, but he was among the least good.
Overshadowed by Bartra.

JamDav1982

He did his job, nothing more. Noone in the team had a bad game today, but he was among the least good.
Overshadowed by Bartra.

I dont think he was.

Masch had a couple of dodgy moments at start of game then was near perfect but Barta too had some poor moments. Both on the whole were very good.

Looked like Barta was the one to try and win ball early more than Masch while Masch looked to cover other defenders and on the ball he was the one who took charge.

Masch passing from the back today was as good as you will see from any CB in the world. Infact it was probably better than any other CB could match.

serghei

This guy is world class at interceptions and tackles. If he were 8-10 cm. taller we'd be talking about the best CB in the game.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He was fantastic again. Did he do 2-3 small mistakes? Sure. But show me a CB that doesn't. And once again, his passing is freaking amazing, so is his positioning and tackles. Bartra's brainfarts were bigger, understandable though since he's still young (young in the CB role, usually late 20's you become a WC CB).

Kuchi

Sincerely, he is by far our 2nd best choice for CB (after Pique) in top games. Sure his height is a disadvantage, but he still brings way more defensively than Mathieu. He reads the game perfectly, his passes and distribution from the back are spot on, plus his experience gets him less exposed out of his conform zone.

Bartra will probably be our 2nd CB, at some point, but this season, Masche all the way

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Came on and played RB. KingMessi said he should play there just the other day. More proof that Lucho is on here somewhere :lucho:

Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi
Speaking of Alves's new position. If he's going to go false-midfielder, then could we possibly play Masche at RB?

Kohe321

Fun conversation between Mascherano and Zabaleta. The part at 4:50 cracked me up:

Pablo: "Over here they're talking about you scoring your first goal"
Masc: "Ah no, I told them not to put that question in..."
Pablo: "Well you're a centre-half, what do they want? You get the ball and start playing one-twos?"
Masch: "First off, I don't even know what position I am, secondly I'm 1,40cm tall so I have no chance of scoring a header. I don't even go up during corners". :lol:

Last edited:

FC B

I think he had a monster game for us tonight especially in defence but he was also solid in midfield.

Great great player and so happy he plays for Barca. I remember there were strong rumours he might be sold in the summer of 2014:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans