14 - Javier Mascherano

JamDav1982

He could kick the ball into his own net and you'd say "But he made a solid tackle earlier!"

What a joke. Masch was the weak link in our defense.

No he wasnt, he had a poor spell which gave him an average all round game but up until that point was one of best players on pitch and stopped a certain City goal.

Pique was a monster and the best player on pitch though, not arguing any different.

Zangash

Banned
No he wasnt, he had a poor spell which gave him an average all round game but up until that point was one of best players on pitch and stopped a certain City goal.

Pique was a monster and the best player on pitch though, not arguing any different.

You're basing his entire overall performance on that one block, it seems. I have acknowledged it was a good block. Not particularly special or something any of our other CBs couldn't have done, but a good block nonetheless.

But the rest of his game? Wasn't nearly as good. I don't have to go look up highlights to point out how much Pique saved the day after his mistakes. Everyone but you could see, apparently.

JamDav1982

You're basing his entire overall performance on that one block, it seems. I have acknowledged it was a good block. Not particularly special or something any of our other CBs could have done, but a good block nonetheless.

But the rest of his game? Wasn't nearly as good. I don't have to go look up highlights to point out how much Pique saved the day after his mistakes. Everyone but you could see, apparently.

No not basing his entire performance on that one block at all.

For the first hour hour or so he was one of best players on park before diving in too early.

These things happen against World Class players like Aguero if you are constantly battling him in a game.

You are totally writing off Masch match and only remembering his bad moments.... would you do the same for Messi tonight?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It wasn't his best match that's for sure... But still solid enough, and for what it's worth I feel a thousand times safer with him that with Mathieu...

Zangash

Banned
No not basing his entire performance on that one block at all.

For the first hour hour or so he was one of best players on park before diving in too early.

These things happen against World Class players like Aguero if you are constantly battling him in a game.

You are totally writing off Masch match and only remembering his bad moments.... would you do the same for Messi tonight?

I wouldn't say he was among our best players. Pique was the glue that held the back line together. Without him we'd have been lost.

This is the Champions League. If you're excuse for messing up is 'He was too good', then you, yourself, aren't good enough.

Messi had more recovered balls than Neymar, Iniesta, Rakatic, and Suarez, combined, had the assist for Suarez's goal and did all the hard work for the second. If it weren't for his penalty miss he'd have had a near perfect game. How is it even possible to try and sell him short?

JamDav1982

I wouldn't say he was among our best players. Pique was the glue that held the back line together. Without him we'd have been lost.

This is the Champions League. If you're excuse for messing up is 'He was too good', then you, yourself, aren't good enough.

Messi had more recovered balls than Neymar, Iniesta, Rakatic, and Suarez, combined, had the assist for Suarez's goal and did all the hard work for the second. If it weren't for his penalty miss he'd have had a near perfect game. How is it even possible to try and sell him short?

I think you missed the point about Messi.

My point he was best player on park.. but if you reduce his game to his bad moments then he missed a pen, an open goal and was lazy for Man Citys goal.

Thats all you are doing with Masch reducing his game to his bad moments and totally disregarding the good things he did.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
In some moments is either do or die for Masche. When he breaks out of the line and makes his slide tackles to prevent the opponent from receiving the ball.
Today he mistimed some of them but fortunately Pique bailed him out. These were huge mistakes so imo you cannot say he had a really good game. Apart from that he was very good so I would say Masche's game was solid all in all.

I think we should start experimenting with Masch as RCB. We've always played with a defensive fullback under Pep, and we simply can't play with 2 offensive FB against the likes of Bayern & RM; especially when one of them is the weakest link in our entire XI. It would also fit his playing style a lot better, as he would be able to make those aggressive interceptions without exposing our backline if he misses, so he would be able to play more as a DM/RCB which is closer to his natural position and as a RCB his lack of height would cease to matter.

J

Jamie Cal

He had a substandard game indeed, but whatever, he's bound to have one or 2. He's still vital in our team.

Home of Barca Fans