14 - Javier Mascherano

Jombi

I think he was just surprised at the VERY slippery pitch at the start of the game!

What's up with that pitch!?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Same here - During the first few minutes I was watching through my fingers whenever he was close to the ball. But as the game progressed he was getting better and better. Maybe some nerves got to him.

Anyway :hooray:
He was fine after changing his boots.

ceefoo

His Best Season in a Barca Jersey!

At the start of the season and even up to the New Year, we were all saying: "Not Mascherano at CB again!?" "Please, NO Lucho, what are you doing?" "When are you going to learn?" :slap:

And then a funny thing happened... We lost that infamous game at the Anoeta, and then everything just clicked into place. Even Mascherano at CB!

Lucho would occasionally mix things up by introducing the likes of Barta and Mathieu for the more physical encounters when we had to deal with a lot of aerial balls into our box, and Masche even got to reprise his role at his preferred CDM in some matches.

This is the first time I can say that I'm comfortable with Mascherano playing CB, and he deserves a lot of credit for how he has adapted his game over the years. He is very much an unsung hero and integral part to success of this team.

A Barca Legend in the making. Hell, after this latest record breaking season I'd say he already is one.

We :love: u Masche! :mascherano:

mark1nhu

I didn't think he was that good overall. Some of his interceptions were top notch but I felt Pique had to work overtime to win aerial duels even those that were supposed to be won by others.

I was also worried how easily he was outpaced by Morata. Overall he was a mixed bag in truth. Pique was world class.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pique and he was a beast in the air but...

IMHO, Juve goal was partially his fault.

He took too long to release the ball in the defense area, got pressured by opponent and the result was a throw-in in a dangerous area.

Dani received the ball from throw-in with no options and pressured. Tried to clean it, but failed to keep possession.

barcanuck

At the start of the season and even up to the New Year, we were all saying: "Not Mascherano at CB again!?" "Please, NO Lucho, what are you doing?" "When are you going to learn?" :slap:

And then a funny thing happened... We lost that infamous game at the Anoeta, and then everything just clicked into place. Even Mascherano at CB!

Lucho would occasionally mix things up by introducing the likes of Barta and Mathieu for the more physical encounters when we had to deal with a lot of aerial balls into our box, and Masche even got to reprise his role at his preferred CDM in some matches.

This is the first time I can say that I'm comfortable with Mascherano playing CB, and he deserves a lot of credit for how he has adapted his game over the years. He is very much an unsung hero and integral part to success of this team.

A Barca Legend in the making. Hell, after this latest record breaking season I'd say he already is one.

We :love: u Masche! :mascherano:

Well said! 12 appearances for Monster Masche in DM! Lucho kept him familiar with his old role which seemed to make him sharper at the back! What a player never gives up always sliding his way to block attackers.

F

Flavia

CG92nnGVIAAVQAW.jpg

Happy birthday, Masch!!!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He was fine after changing his boots.

No way, he had another 3-4 very very bad challenges - got caught on the wrong foot, slipped to the right and left, Moratta lost him easily twice and so on. I was really afraid he would have a total nightmare of a match, but than we started to put pressure on Juve from 10th minute which gave Masche some zen-time and he started to get his sh*t together. Definitely not one of his better matches, it was good Pique was in beast-mode.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans