14 - Javier Mascherano

Stric

Mascherano's beautiful speech after Argentina-Paraguay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXM8I3nbm7I

"I hope people could understand that this is just football. It's a sport... Football nowadays, although it's a business and everything around it is too; it's still something people playing on their leisure time to have fun, it isnt a war.

Whatever has happened in the past, we mustn't link football with politics and situations we or they had to live. We have to make sure football is a sport and it is healthy sport. And specially to set an example to the children and children have to grow without that encouragement for violence but we are sister countries: we have to respect and help each other"

Translated by fedemasa on Reddit

Great great speech.

Edit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3bq39y/mascheranos_beautiful_speech_after/

Smart and beautiful speech by Masche. If only players and supporters were reasonable enough to think this way. Especially that last part about setting an example for younger generations.

Cule4life

The Culest
Mascherano's beautiful speech after Argentina-Paraguay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXM8I3nbm7I

"I hope people could understand that this is just football. It's a sport... Football nowadays, although it's a business and everything around it is too; it's still something people playing on their leisure time to have fun, it isnt a war.

Whatever has happened in the past, we mustn't link football with politics and situations we or they had to live. We have to make sure football is a sport and it is healthy sport. And specially to set an example to the children and children have to grow without that encouragement for violence but we are sister countries: we have to respect and help each other"

Translated by fedemasa on Reddit

Great great speech.

Edit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3bq39y/mascheranos_beautiful_speech_after/

The Badger :worthy:

Iarwain

He's totally unable to cope with being closely pressured in midfield and having less space to work in (in possession). Both him and Biglia got pressured out of the game and couldn't find a way to move the ball forward in time.

F

Flavia

CJG4ca5W8AQMnHm.jpg

I feel sorry for him :cry:

serghei

I think this Copa America loss hurts worse for them because of what happened last year against Germany. They were so close to winning both tournaments and yet they won neither and we all know people remember winners mostly.

F

Flavia

Mascherano: "I'd like to enjoy wearing this shirt, but I have to suffer. Wearing it is like torture. I can't find an explanation."
Mascherano: "I have no words to describe it. It is what it is. I hope ARG can win in the future."

So sad.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I feel bad for him on an emotional level but it's clear to see Masche has been fucking up in big games in 2015. Against City he got fucked up by Aguero, against Bayern he got fucked by Lewandowski in the 2nd leg, and then against Juve he got fucked by Morata. It's not just those errors as he had relatively average at best performances besides those poor moments (in those matches). In the Clasico he was making it an extremely difficult task to have proper buildup play in the 1st half. Now in the Copa final he was trying to make diving-chest interceptions (lel) and wild donkey-kick ball recoveries from a cleared corner.

King Leo

Banned
I feel bad for him on an emotional level but it's clear to see Masche has been fucking up in big games in 2015. Against City he got fucked up by Aguero, against Bayern he got fucked by Lewandowski in the 2nd leg, and then against Juve he got fucked by Morata. It's not just those errors as he had relatively average at best performances besides those poor moments (in those matches). In the Clasico he was making it an extremely difficult task to have proper buildup play in the 1st half. Now in the Copa final he was trying to make diving-chest interceptions (lel) and wild donkey-kick ball recoveries from a cleared corner.

Mascherano was Argentina's best player on the pitch today. What are you talking about?

Home of Barca Fans