14 - Javier Mascherano

xXKonan

Braida (adviser): "In Italy there's talk about Mascherano, but it's nonsense. It's safe to say it's 100% sure that Javier will stay." [fcin]

Darko

Should have been the 2nd captain, the way he shouted even from the bench, like a true leader!

Last edited:

Truthist

He just doesn't cut it for me as a centre half against top teams. Perhaps I'm being cynical but too much is expected from his partner when we play against top tier opposition.

PhilS

I agree as well. Strange move taking him off yesterday though, I would have kept him on.

I think it was because it was only his second match of the year, he must have been tiring. Masch is going to play big minutes at CB this year, he is just much better than the alternatives on this squad.

Alik

He just doesn't cut it for me as a centre half against top teams. Perhaps I'm being cynical but too much is expected from his partner when we play against top tier opposition.

Yeah, that's why we've won over 10 trophies including 2 trebles, with him at CB.

He's been with the club for over 5 seasons and he still "doesn't cut it" for some fans. :rolleyes:

AnnieSureshot

Yeah, that's why we've won over 10 trophies including 2 trebles, with him at CB.

He's been with the club for over 5 seasons and he still "doesn't cut it" for some fans. :rolleyes:

I agree. Barcelona conceded least goals last season in La Liga. If he was so inadequate I don't think that would have happened.

Home of Barca Fans