16 - Fermín López

Raketa10

This is expected. He didn't have a preseason and he rested only for 7 days. He shouldn't have participated in both Euro and Olympics. This is his fault and fault of FC Barcelona. However, we could have said NO and we didn't so now there will be consequences. I am 100% sure that Real would have forbidden him to play in the Olympics. This is what you get when you are stupid.

Porque

This is expected. He didn't have a preseason and he rested only for 7 days. He shouldn't have participated in both Euro and Olympics. This is his fault and fault of FC Barcelona. However, we could have said NO and we didn't so now there will be consequences. I am 100% sure that Real would have forbidden him to play in the Olympics. This is what you get when you are stupid.

Must hope Cubarsi doesn't go down then. Then we are cooked.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I don’t see how the club can be blamed for his involvement in the Olympics, there is no ‘no’ when it comes to being called up. On balance it could’ve been worse, RFEF could’ve called Lamine & Pau to both the Olympics & the Euros and we’d be entertaining a dramatically different potential shitstorm

For me it’s on the FAs (UEFA, FIFA, & RFEF) - there is an overload and no one is thinking about the health of the players much less impact on clubs

The one area where I can only speculate is whether the player also overdid it. I mentioned this before that he looks a bit twitchy out there since his recent return to action - almost overdoing it. He also has a bit more of a cockiness to him than last season and perhaps he was not fully focused on training appropriately - who knows

Hopefully it is minor and he is not out long but timing, obviously lousy

Masetro10

Aight, take a chill-pill. I like Fermin; he has a great attitude, works hard and scores goals - but Olmo so far in the couple if matches he's played has shown he is much more useful for us and Flick's 4-2-3-1. But that doesn't take away anything from Fermin and I hope he'll evolve more and play even better than last season. Healthy competition is good and we need Fermin almost as much as Olmo :)
I'm basing a lot of this off assumption to be fair. He was a great goalscorer in the Olympics and 2nd top scorer for us last year. I think he can chip in even more goals with Flick

TheStig

So they tried to force him sooner and made it worse, looks like it will be the same shit under Flick or even worse. Even Xavi gave more rest to the kids than Flick for now.

I don’t see how the club can be blamed for his involvement in the Olympics, there is no ‘no’ when it comes to being called up.

True but they could give him more than a week of rest afer a more than a year long season right?

Or with todays injury, they could let him heal properly so he could at least get some rest when he is injured? No, they forced him after a week.

It's all really our own fault, we sign injury prone players, we play the kids to much, we don't give anyone rest... There is no bad luck, just bad management.

vegitot

He played like 20 mins in Euro. It's not like Pedri in 2021.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
True but they could give him more than a week of rest afer a more than a year long season right?

Or with todays injury, they could let him heal properly and not force him because of Olmo's injury?

Absolutely possible, you would hope/assume Flick took this into account but here again is why I speculated on what role player had in overloading himself as well

But then, sometimes you simply have to accept injuries happen and you can’t be an intense pressing team and go half speed in training. I want to give Flick more time before I question whether he has pushed players too hard

I think we’re all a bit suffering from injury fatigue of our players

TheStig

I don't have any problem with pushing players to their max if they are healthy and rested. We all wanted that but didn't have it since Lucho's first 2 seasons.

The problem is when you don't give them rest, you force them to train while injured, when he plays kids for 90 minutes every 3 days, when he plays guys like Pedri every 3 days...

Other thing is you can't treat and train a guy like Kounde and Pedri the same, not in trainings, not in games.

If we treated Messi like this in 05-08 we would probably ruin his career with injuries. Thank god for Rijkaard and Guily.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, Leo’s management should be a case study after all the injuries he suffered between 04-08. I’m not sure who gets the credit there but something dramatic changed

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
So they tried to force him sooner and made it worse, looks like it will be the same shit under Flick or even worse. Even Xavi gave more rest to the kids than Flick for now.

Or with todays injury, they could let him heal properly so he could at least get some rest when he is injured? No, they forced him after a week.

It's all really our own fault, we sign injury prone players, we play the kids to much, we don't give anyone rest... There is no bad luck, just bad management.
Huh? What did I miss? Did he get injured just now in training or what???

Home of Barca Fans