16 - Fermín López

Birdy

He went to the Olympics.

Is it really time for clubs to prevent a player from going to NT competitions at that time of the year?

Loki

jump-off.gif

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I cant believe it guys, i just cant believe it.

Are there other top clubs with such a high injuries rate??

Look at Dembouz how he doesnt get any injuries anymore, as i said months ago we need to check our medical stuff 😰

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
It will take time. Its not even even been two months since the players have come back, with the new coaching staff and all.

Maybe these early injuries are a blessing in disguise.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
This is getting ridiculous. Flick needs to reassess his training regime.
Come on... Gavi has been injured for almost a year, Frenkie for over 5 months, Araujo injured since 15th July in Copa America, Olmo is often injured tbh etc etc etc. Bernal was probably a freak accident because it didn't look like it was serious and Fermin we can't really say yet. We can't really pin any injury on Flick beside Fermin, they were all injured before he arrived - it also takes some time for Flick to change things in training and even if it looks like we're running more in matches we're running almost the same but better coordinated. Nah this isn't on Flick, this is on the stupid Euros, Olympics, Nations League, World Cup and all the qualifiers etc AND on top of that we'll also have the Club World Cup from 2025. They're going to play like 2 matches a week 50 weeks of the year soon, it's too much and it needs to stop. Something has to go...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They mocked Kovac when he said that said you can't drive 200 km/h with a car made for 100. I suppose German players have better genetics or years of heavier training but not sure if he can just do the same thing he did at Bayern.

As much as it's great to see this intensity we need not press at 3-0 or whatever.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
They mocked Kovac when he said that said you can't drive 200 km/h with a car made for 100. I suppose German players have better genetics or years of heavier training but not sure if he can just do the same thing he did at Bayern.

As much as it's great to see this intensity we need not press at 3-0 or whatever.
Maybe, maybe not - we can't really know since attack is the best defense for Barca. If you stop pressing and let a goal or two in we have to work harder in defense and than we might pick up even more injuries since we have to tackle more etc. Flick should maybe slow down the tempo if we're like 3 goals up and play some Xavi-ball minus the crosses - just keep the ball within the team with tons of back or sideway passes :lol: Also, earlier and more subs if we have a 3 or more goal lead ffs.

Andresito

Staff member
He went to the Olympics.

Is it really time for clubs to prevent a player from going to NT competitions at that time of the year?
I believe it's different from nation to nation. I think French players can be stopped by their clubs, like Madrid did. For Spain, clubs have no say, it's in the law or sonething.

Porque

This one is probably on us. Seems we tried to force Fermin return after Olmo went down, with his leg not fully recovered and overloading the other leg leading to injury.

Alex Baena went to both the Olympics and Euros too, played more last season, the same in the Euros and Olympics, and has played almost all minutes for Villarreal this term.

He hasn't had problems with overload.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I believe it's different from nation to nation. I think French players can be stopped by their clubs, like Madrid did. For Spain, clubs have no say, it's in the law or sonething.
Than fake injuries and give zero fucks...
Whatever, players soon need to protest and stand up to UEFA/FIFA. I wouldn't think of them as overprivileged primadonnas if they did, because if soon more teams have half their players injured all the time something is wrong...

BJJ

They rushed him back for no reason. Now he's out for longer. Fuck.
Our players are simply not as robust and resilient as the Germans.
I think Flick is going to have to take this into account. Some players are just not built for two matches a week. He has to rotate more, especially the injury prone players .
Also fuck UEFA and Fifa. The clubs are the ones who should be taking action against the governing bodies. If they want all these matches than reduce them to 30 or 35 minutes per half and stop having 15 minutes extra time in every match. Start compensating the clubs properly and leave the transfer window open longer. Super league can't come soon enough, imo.

Home of Barca Fans