17 - Marc Casadó

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's because Xavi was trying to emulate Pep with his 4 CBs on the field tactic. It pretty much worked too.

Xavi also had more depth in midfield, lest we forget Gundogan was here. Casado trained with the 1st team and surely would've been in the mix this season had Xavi continued

Messi983

He also played regularly for BA and got more experience that way than playing 10-15 minutes for the first team here and there.

If anything his example is exactly how young players should be integrated into first team. Obviously he's playing more than expected so far this season but he's gone through a normal development and integration process that none of La Masia kids currently in the first team had in recent years.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Precisely, I think this is the short-sightedness of even cules who forget it hasn’t been normal the way many young players have made the jump to the senior level without normal progression in La Masia

It has been exceptional, not the norm

xXKonan

I know Xavi rated him to some degree but it's not known if he would have the role he currently has now if Xavi had stayed.

There were also rumors he was also high on Pau Prim but Prim and his agents managed to fumble a chance of a lifetime if the rumors are correct. But who knows.

Either way it's good that he's stepped up and taken the opportunity that was given to him and I hope he establishes himself as a long term option in the Midfield over time.

Home of Barca Fans