19 - Lamine Yamal

El Barcelona

Yamal is definitely playing to much and that's all because of bad squad planning. He has no competition on the wing at this point. That says enough about our other wingers. Big decisions needs to be taken this summer. I would replace Ferran with Nico Williams and ideally we need another winger who replace Felix.

Messi983

Yamal is definitely playing to much and that's all because of bad squad planning. He has no competition on the wing at this point. That says enough about our other wingers. Big decisions needs to be taken this summer. I would replace Ferran with Nico Williams and ideally we need another winger who replace Felix.

I've said it before and I know he's old but I still believe Di Maria on a one year contract would be a good signing. Could give rest to Yamal and kid could learn a lot from him.

Obviously there is a problem Xavi (if he stays after all) would consider starting ADM alongside Lewy in too many games. But if we get another coach who would know how to rotate and get the best out of his team then we could do a lot worse than have something like

LW: Nico, Raphinha/Ferran (would prefer to keep Raphinha but think we'll probably need to sell him to get Nico)
ST: Lewy, Roque
RW: Yamal, ADM

Also can't forget we're getting Ibrahim Diarra (who I'm very high on) in December but he'll probably need 12-18 months in Barca B before getting first team minutes. Could always surprise and be more ready than we think though. He looked mature beyond his age at the U17 WC.

mc_lovin

Not his best game, but he oozes quality. And I would bet on him ending up on the faster end of forwards. Unless he's doing a Riqui obviously.

El Barcelona

@Messi983
Can't say much about ADM but if he still has legs and his wages are fine why not. Ideally we need some more experience winger so ADM fits that criteria.

Nico, experienced winger, Yamal and Raphinha for the wings and I would be very happy. Probably also the best we can do at this point but I don't see the people who're now at charge pulling this off.

That would also mean Lewandowski stays another year and still no sub for him. Not sure what to think about Roque at this point lol. After all weird transfer and that money could be used way smarter this summer.

Yeah Diarra at the end of the year but like you said a season at athletic would be the best. If we can sort out our attack he can take the time to settle first and we will see.

I'm setting my expectations low, pretty sad considering we're FC Barcelona but it is what it is. 😂

M3ls

Not his best game, but he oozes quality. And I would bet on him ending up on the faster end of forwards. Unless he's doing a Riqui obviously.
Hmm, I always rated Yamal as a player with a fairly average speed, but this race at 00-49 inspires optimism.

I am convinced that due to training, a professional football player cannot SIGNIFICANTLY improve his speed. But IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE A LITTLE PROGRESS.
If he does this, he will be at the same level as Vinni in terms of speed.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I do not believe in the club's ability to keep Yamal from not burning out and progressing further.
He will unfortunately have the same fate as Fati and various other upcomers.

Last edited:

Givenchy

When you look at other players in his age group.. well, there actually aren't any 16 year olds doing this. His maturity is already ahead of the likes of Garnacho for example who is 3 years older. What a talent.

If we fuck this kids future up, there should be public hangings.

BusiTheKing

My take is that if we're ruining him in any way, it's by depriving him of creative companions.

Messi developed into the player he did by having Alves, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho to play off of.

Not only does Yamal not have that sort of quality to play off of, he has no-one around him to encourage the sort of free, improvised attacking play that you need to develop.

Last couple of games I've seen, there have been no interesting combinations and 1v1 options offered to Yamal. If you want to master these things, you need a team around you to put you in the right situations. Otherwise the only thing you're getting better at is side passing.

M3ls

But a 16 years old kid for sure...
There are things that are present at the genetic level. High speed level of Bale, Mbappe, Robben, etc. this is exactly such a case.

If we take Pedri at the age of 16, no matter how he trained, he would not have reached the level (we are talkinga about speed) of Mbappe, his running speed would be slightly higher than now. That's all.

mc_lovin

There are things that are present at the genetic level. High speed level of Bale, Mbappe, Robben, etc. this is exactly such a case.
Obviously.

But how do you measure it? At 16 none of them looked as rapid as they did with 18/19. Lamine doesn't strike me as athletically ungifted.

serghei

So I think concerns about Yamal (and Cubarsi too) are legit. We can be hopeful history won't repeat but it looks like we've not learned anything from the past mistakes. Playing a 16 yo kid full 90 minutes in three games in 6 days is just crazy. Even more so considering we're not playing for anything anymore.

The club finances are so bad atm that even Saudi Arabia money for Supercup is something that matters as an objective.

If he plays vs Sevilla then yes, that's crazy.

Home of Barca Fans