19 - Lamine Yamal

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Some incredible actions only he + maybe 10 other players in history of football could do - but overall he wasn't great today. But that's really only HIS scale, but he's on his own scale, in his own universe.

Andresito

Staff member
I particularly like that he's developing the long shot curlers into bottom corner. That skill is lethal to have like Messi, Robben and Salah. It makes the defenders commit more to blocking which gives Yamal the option to fake shot and go on the right, that he doesn't seem to mind.

At the same time he likes the cheeky Messi esque shots (or rather Mbappe's speciality) in the near corner. He's far from a one trick pony.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A lotta junk in his trunk, even more still to develop I am certain. I like that he tries different things rather than repeating the same moves or attacking channels, keeping defenders guessing. He didn’t pull everything off yesterday but he never really forced it, Soria did well to keep a couple of goals out

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It’s funny because at 17 we see him as a fixture or quasi-veteran but still a developing player despite being a phenom. Have to let him grow as a player even though we are accustomed to him doing everything perfectly, I am more interested in just how good he can become rather than always pulling everything off 100%

Loki

Not his day but still did good, he probably needs some rest very soon.
Pretty soon meaning now. He was clearly tired the second half and got a kick on his ankle, limped in the end. Flick can't let him start in 2 days. But it's difficult to bench your best offensive player of course. Rapha can use a break as well, but Flick can't rest them both at the same time obviously.

Maradona37

His shots always have this velvety look to them. I don't even know how to explain it, but everything he does just looks smooth.

He has incredible technique and connection with the football.
That's the sign of a natural talent - they make it look easy, natural, like they're not even trying. It's all so effortless.

Compare that to Ronaldo or Haaland. Yes they get the job done but they look like they're trying too hard, everything looks an effort.

MontenegrinCuler

Exceptional performance indeed
The funniest shit is I saw a bunch of retards making up fake ratings for him to try and sell the story of how he dropped a stinker on twitter, and I honestly don't know what's dumber - believing he actually got a 6.8 and it's not made up or even taking those ratings into account when speaking of player performances (they're almost entirely on G/A and nothing else)

Other players could've got a MOTM but he deserved it too. It's just that we've started to expect much more from him so this performance didnt look like some of the previous ones.

Mfs probably been waiting since July for him to have a game without G/A, prepared all the hate and stuff in advance definitely - has to be a feast for them right now.

Home of Barca Fans