20 - Dani Olmo

jamrock

Jamdav brought up a solid point earlier, next summer, gundogan and de jong are both likely to leave.

All of a sudden the signing of Olmo, will feel very well placed.

Add to that, its likely casado/bernal will make us forget we needed a DM.

We then go into the summer of 2025, in our own stadium and with around 60-100m to spend, to replace lewa and fill in the squad a bit.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
So a few minutes in one match is enough to show he can play another position? Looks like you would get along with Deco.
He plays LW/CAM hybrid regularly for Leipzig. With Balde at LB we need an attacker that tucks in anyway. Balde’s passing isn’t good enough for him to play inverted

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dinamo Zagreb wins again as they earn 5,5 mil. from this deal as Mamic brothers inserted the clause when they sold him to Leipzig and thus Dinamo earning from Olmo rises to 35 mil.

I swear if we brought those two fugitives to Barca we would be top of the world every single season.

TheStig

Jamdav brought up a solid point earlier, next summer, gundogan and de jong are both likely to leave.

All of a sudden the signing of Olmo, will feel very well placed.

Or we get a coach who returns to 4-3-3 where Olmo has no place.

Only Gundo is expected to leave, FDJ will finish his contract.

Porque

Was LW for LEs Spain. Shame Enrique didn't push for him at PSG.

But seems PSG only get guys LE wants if they cost less than 20m.

jamrock

Mendes doesn't agree.

All joking aside, it's very possible Cancelo will play over Balde. If he comes back it's either a starting role or he'll make big problems for Flick in the dressing room.

Bro, no chance balde is benched for the defensively liability that is cancelo, he will get more than enough minutes due to his versatility, but in any important game once a everyone is fit, we all know the starting back 4.

Kounde
Araujo
Christensen
Balde

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The same was said about Arda, Coutinho, Griezmann, how did it go?
Arda had no mobility. Coutinho crumbled mentally and couldn’t adapt. Olmo plays regularly for Spain and is a La Masia graduate. Griezmann doesn’t carry the ball at all, completely different profile.

TheStig

Bro, no chance balde is benched for the defensively liability that is cancelo, he will get more than enough minutes due to his versatility, but in any important game once a everyone is fit, we all know the starting back 4.

Kounde
Araujo
Christensen
Balde

I totally agree that Balde should be the starter if Cancelo comes. I just think it won't be like that.

jamrock

Or we get a coach who returns to 4-3-3 where Olmo has no place.

Only Gundo is expected to leave, FDJ will finish his contract.
He can definitely play in a 4-3-3, he's a masia kid, 433 is as natural to them as breathing.

Their is nothing wrong with having 2 quality players for the same position, some would consider that a good thing.

If de jong doesn't renew by February/March, they will take a cut price deal for him in the summer, 50m or around that number.

TheStig

Arda had no mobility. Coutinho crumbled mentally and couldn’t adapt. Olmo plays regularly for Spain and is a La Masia graduate. Griezmann doesn’t carry the ball at all, completely different profile.
And in a few years you'll be able to add an excuse for Olmo too. Hope I'm wrong and he's a big success but I don't see it.

Porque

This could of all been avoided if we were never seduced by Halilovics long luscious hair, waiving in the wind as he performed 3 cut backs In a row.

Home of Barca Fans