20 - Dani Olmo

mc_lovin

So, we are buying a player that solves 0 of our issues to likely play out of his best position.

Amazing. Mes que un mess.
Honest question: if not Olmo then who exactly? Pains me to say, but after Williams there are no better choices for the left than him.

That being said, it's the blandest and least inspiring signing we can make. Life is pain I guess.

FCBfan22

Honest question: if not Olmo then who exactly? Pains me to say, but after Williams there are no better choices for the left than him.

That being said, it's the blandest and least inspiring signing we can make. Life is pain I guess.
Olmo is a 10, not a LW IMO. We need a pure winger. We saw that Spain won on the backs of the wingers even with a terrible striker.

We are stacked with attacking mids and even Gundo has shown during Euros that #10 is his best position. Why buy another player of the same profile, if you don't sell the other. If we sold Gundogan, this signing would make sense.

mc_lovin

Olmo is a 10, not a LW IMO. We need a pure winger. We saw that Spain won on the backs of the wingers even with a terrible striker.

We are stacked with attacking mids and even Gundo has shown during Euros that #10 is his best position. Why buy another player of the same profile, if you don't sell the other. If we sold Gundogan, this signing would make sense.
WHO IS THIS PURE WINGER???

Sorry.

Nucky

Sorry.

He probably meant Nico Williams.. And I agree with him, Nico would be much more needed than Olmo.. Midfield isn't a problem, wings are the problem.. On RW we have Yamal and Raphinha on the left we have dead Fati and utter shit Ferran.. Signing Olmo doesn't solve this problem, this is only the board showing Barca is still capable of signing players, the return of the lost catalan son, nothing more..

mc_lovin

He probably meant Nico Williams.. And I agree with him, Nico would be much more needed than Olmo.. Midfield isn't a problem, wings are the problem.. On RW we have Yamal and Raphinha on the left we have dead Fati and utter shit Ferran.. Signing Olmo doesn't solve this problem, this is only the board showing Barca is still capable of signing players, the return of the lost catalan son, nothing more..

FCBfan22

Sorry.
It's Nico Williams. Even somebody like Adeyemi would solve more problems than Olmo. Don't know what our scouts are doing. We need a speedy winger with decent defensive workrate. Olmo is neither. There are better options than Olmo, I'm sure of that, but this is probably the board showing that they can still sign decently-big name players as someone said already.

The only scenario that I would call this a good signing is if we are playing it perfectly:

1. Ask Nico Williams if he wants to join. He says he wants to play European football in Bilbao. Strike a deal that we sign him in January if Athletic crashes out of Europe in the winter or in the summer of 2025 if they reach knockouts.

2. Buy Dani Olmo as a stop - gap for LW for 1/2 or 1 season.

3. Nico arrives, we move Dani to #10 role and sell Gundogan.

That is the reasonable scenario. But I highly doubt that our board could realize or even plan this one.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Yea the pace problems is a the biggest draw back to him playing LW, but he at least can dribble and beat his man, it's not the perfect solution, but he adds more from that prospective than raphinha.

I think we'll see a rotation with players positions this season, except for Yamal and ofc lewa.
Tiny bit better. Sofascore had Olmo 1.5 dribbles per game successful (45%) while Raphinha only 0.9 (56%).

Masetro10

What every needs to start talking about now, is summer 2025, that will be a more fun and interactive debate, this summer we tried for Nico didn't get him and signed Olmo, window is pretty much done.

Next summer though, we'll have more money to spend, finally some freedom with our ability to register players.

A 37 year old striker and still a need for a pure LW, we need names and lots of them.

I'm for isak
Isak would be very nice

Gaudi

I am sure he'll do great, but I think his best position is Pedri's not winger. So in my opinion we still lack speed at one wing.

Home of Barca Fans