20 - Dani Olmo

JamDav1982

BBZ still on the hill that Yamal is not good enough.

Last summer he was over rated and nowhere near ready for first team.. as usual goal posts move and now he is 'over rated' compared to some other imaginary level.

Yamal was 'quiet apart from goals and assists'... strong argument that one.

Even then if it is Euros referring to.. Yamal created more chances than anyone in the tournament and was second for expected assists.

Raketa10

Spain won because Williams and Yamal. Spain won't score a goal without those two. We saw it in million other competitions before this. Sterile possession forever. Saying Olmo won it, is I dont know. Too much. He performed well with limited minutes but it was Williams and Yamal who won it. They changed the dynamic of the whole team, meaning they were the two most influential players.
Let's agree that we now have 2 out of 3 Spain best attacking players. :)

ajnotkeith

I actually feel like he could connect well with Roque.

Roque is a smart player and has brilliant movement skills along with strong physical attributes. I think if Roque stays, they could form a strong partnership together.

Obviously, it will also help Lewandowski, but Lewa seems less and less able to run in behind.

I am concerned about Olmo's goal record in weaker leagues but also have the feeling this is where he'll start to kick on. He knows the club, Spanish football, coming into a strong roster, and can give us the final ball which we lack. Not an bad signing even if he doesn't perform to his best ability, as long as he stays fit.

BBZ8800

BBZ liking this transfer makes things even worse.

Remember when he thought Coutinho will immediately become our 2nd best player.
I am a kid who grew up in the 90s, so I have a soft spot for CAMs, the same as how younger guys who started to watch football around Pep's and Messi's era will have a soft spot for 433 and two controlling midfielders.

Coitinho was a flop, mentally weak, slow, needed lots of time to adapt.
But in hindsight, he sucked everywhere after us.

While Olmo was awesome at Dinamo and Spanish NT.

We tried to shoehorn Coutinho into 433, while Olmo is coming into a team with a coach who prefers 4231.

And as said in my previous post, Cou came in the era where 433 was still rulling the world.
While Olmo is coming in the era where a CAM position is on the rise again.

Not to mention that he is domestic, faster than Cou, slightly taller, stronger and more agile, better defensively, mentally stronger and seems to possess more different skills than Cou's one-trick-pony-move curled longshot from 20 meters into the far post.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Olmo is going to be a success as long as they don't shoehorn him into a role he's not suited for.

I'll say it again, it doesn't matter how well he'll likely do as the LW vs. shit La Liga teams. Vs. top competition we need a winger that is direct and can attack with pace. Olmo is not that.

But if he can play as a CAM he'll do well for us. Another worry is his injury history. Both of the players who will likely the most as a CAM are injury prone(Olmo & Pedri).

The club not being able to secure a starter at LW and CDM continues to be a major issue, and next summer we probably need a #9 as well so better hope there is money to be spent in 2025 on 2-3 starters which is far from a guarantee as Laporta is a certified liar.

ajnotkeith

I haven't wrote about Barca too much lately.

But the same as Barcaman, I am happy for this transfer.

As a Croatian, we watched him a lot for Dinamo, and Dinamo got way weaker once when Olmo left.
Do you still watch Dinamo? If so, what do you make of Arber Hoxha?

Porque

BBZ still on the hill that Yamal is not good enough.

Last summer he was over rated and nowhere near ready for first team.. as usual goal posts move and now he is 'over rated' compared to some other imaginary level.

Yamal was 'quiet apart from goals and assists'... strong argument that one.

Even then if it is Euros referring to.. Yamal created more chances than anyone in the tournament and was second for expected assists.

Lamine needs to go to Croatian League and prove himself.

Banana Split, Zagado, Obelix. Join one of them and we can see how good he really is.

BBZ8800

Croatian league seems to be the standard now :lol:

Tldr: Dinamo was bad for a decade in Champions league and Europa league, setting negative records like 0:6 defeats against everyone and similar.

Then a generation with Olmo (and Orsic) came and Dinamo had a few awesome seasons in a CL and Europa league.
Then Olmo left and Dinamo kinda returned to being very bad in Europe.

His numbers in terms of goals might not be that impressive, but at least for Dinamo, he was the soul of the team, who elevated them to a way higher level.
Once when he left, something was just missing in midfield/attack/counters/linking players.
So, imo, from Dinamo's example: he is a way better player than the numbers suggest.
Do you still watch Dinamo? If so, what do you make of Arber Hoxha?
I won't reply in a long way not to get offtopic with Hoxha.

Yes, I am watching majority of Dinamo's matches. He came to Dinamo from a midtable team, and needed some time to settle in.
In the final rounds, he was one of the key players who won the title (scoring a winner in a title-deciding match vs Rijeka iirc).
On Euros for Albania, he totally destroyed Croatia once when he came in the last 15 minutes and created 3 big opportunities with dribbles on the left flank.
And was their key-man for 2:2 goal in the last seconds of the match. Sad for me, but an awesome game from him.
It is hard to say what are Hoxha's limits.
But he is surely good enough for 3rd tier European teams like Dinamo or for Albanian NT team.

In the 1st round of a new season, he was a starter again as a LW in 4231, even forcing a new signing Pjaca (former Juve's flop ruined by injuries) to play a RW even though he also a Lw.

So, for now, I have positive words about Hoxha.
But again, for the level where he is currently playing... It is hard to predict whether he could improve further and move to let's say some midtable La Liga or Bundesliga team one day.

Masetro10

Spain 100% won the Euro because of the team itself. Not because of Yamal or Nico or Olmo alone. That is a good thing. We could maybe learn from that.

Fabian Ruiz, Cucurella, Carvajal were just as important as Rodri and Yamal etc etc.

What cannot be denied is Pedri was outperformed by Olmo. People are going to be real upset when Pedri has no place in this team with Hansi Flick.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Beyond fucking disgusting if it's true we have signed him . Nothing good comes of it. If he plays on the left wing, we just made ourselves ten times more easy to play against because we need PACE up top, not more slow ass tippy tappa.

If he plays at CAM then we have just paid 65m for a 10 percent, at most, upgrade on a player we already have, in a position we are already stacked in.

And that's on the miniscule chance he can stay fit for more than half a session.

I was initially thinking we could win the league, now it seems that Madrid are self sabotaging with Galactico policy. But now they can play a 6 out of 10 season and they will still win the league due to us outdoing them in the self sabotaging department.

Can't support this braindead fucking bollocks any more. Flick can go as well for allowing this.

Tapped out until 25/26. New manager. New Camp Nou. New president even, if it will be Pique. ( NO FONT ) But most of fucking all ........ NEW MUTHAFUCKING SPORTING DEPARTMENT.

JamDav1982

Spain 100% won the Euro because of the team itself. Not because of Yamal or Nico or Olmo alone. That is a good thing. We could maybe learn from that.

Fabian Ruiz, Cucurella, Carvajal were just as important as Rodri and Yamal etc etc.

What cannot be denied is Pedri was outperformed by Olmo. People are going to be real upset when Pedri has no place in this team with Hansi Flick.

Pedri will be fine.

Most likely if he is fit he will start in deeper midfield initially and he has the class to play there.... if he can get up to speed physically.

Flick can play his 'normal' approach anyway with these players he has to adapt a bit.

Masetro10

Pedri will be fine.

Most likely if he is fit he will start in deeper midfield initially and he has the class to play there.... if he can get up to speed physically.

Flick can play his 'normal' approach anyway with these players he has to adapt a bit.
Pedri would need to be with Casado or Gavi but I could maybe see that work in some games. I hope the best for Pedri but I am pessimistic with him as the years go by. Stupid injuries

Home of Barca Fans