20 - Dani Olmo

Saladin

Guys, why all the negativitty? When the stadium is done and we have 9 more J. Gamper trophies in the museum, we will look back at this moment and laugh and laugh about how we thought it was SHIT back then (edit: now) - There's always more to come, my guys.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Guys, why all the negativitty? When the stadium is done and we have 9 more J. Gamper trophies in the museum, we will look back at this moment and laugh and laugh about how we thought it was SHIT back then (edit: now) - There's always more to come, my guys.

My friend, I think you are too optimistic. If we call Monaco to the Gamper again, then what ? :pep:

Andresito

Staff member
Comes across as very impatient indeed. Acting without thinking, then trying to solve the problems that occur by any means necessary.

In the end it will be questionable if the deal was actually worth it, considering what we've had to give up.

Porque

As far as I understand we are still paying deferred salaries of Messi, Busquets and Pique. This should all end up in 2025.

I think they have been further deferred and we are paying just the interest on the deferral agreement.

Should be sorted in 2052 once an asteroid destroys the earth, but maybe not.

ajnotkeith

But we also have the salary masses of Lenglet, Ansu, Eric on the books which wasn't on the books last season and isn't in next seasons projections (Ansu and Lenglet atleast).

So that's 20-25m.

It's a mess, and Olmo improves us but when the house is on fire, you don't start painting the windows.

Complete shambles we are being led by political decisions. Any normal club would do the logical. Sell an important player like Pedri, Gavi, Kounde, Raphi. Look at Chelsea, when the books need to be sorted you have to put the pressure for them to leave.

Let's not forget though that the Araujo injury hurt alot as he was projected and open to a sale. But surely he could have still gone but for 10-20m less?

Anyways, avoid the hysteria. One years time and things should be looking up.
Always said it but the board and the club just seem to have this attitude of never ever wanting to sell any good player even if it would make business sense.

We only consider selling players we already removed from the team which is not exactly an attractive option.

TheStig

Next step will be to injure him in training so he can't play until January. :ROFLMAO: This club is so far gone that I'm not even sure if I'm joking or not.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
At this point I wouldn't mind selling the club provided we could get someone who loves it to run it. Like Abramovich did with Chelsea.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At this point I wouldn't mind selling the club provided we could get someone who loves it to run it. Like Abramovich did with Chelsea.

Something that I can bet will eventually happen because there is no guarantee another lunatic won’t come in and destroy the club.

Not guaranteed anything with an owner either as we’ve seen with Glazers, Boehly’s group :lol:

Fwiw Florentino Perez is exploring changing Real Madrid’s statutes to open up for investors owning upto 49% of the club.

Might put that on vote this fall. Won’t necessarily happen in the near future, but making it a possibility is a big statement and just shows you that even he knows they cannot compete vs. all the money flowing into the sport these days

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
During season you can dream about good summer transfers. Now you only get hopeless for the coming season .

Things could pick up next summer as we possibly get rid of Lewa and few others plus new stadium money coming in.

We are currently at the bottom of the hill but still competitive and that's opposite many thought would be.

I remember predictions of mid-table and Barca becoming Milan.

In shirt; things are bad but not a disaster. Mostly: we have La Masia to thank.

Home of Barca Fans