2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Phatroonaldo

Its difficult to pick a team tonight for United. 4-4-1-1 has been successful for them and Hernandez+Rooney are a fantastic partnership. But going with 2 in midfield against Barca is suicide and Rooney as the third midfielder means he won't be able to influence the game as he would if he was upfront. Tough but I'd probably start 4-5-1, try and keep it tight and then hope Barcelona tire, bring on Hernandez and Nani and counter them as Barcelona attack as Arsenal did in the 2-1.

But I don't think United's midfield is strong enough, they have a lot of heart and fight but ultimately I think Xavi and Iniesta will have a lot of fun against whoever United put out in the middle. Arsenal beat Barcelona because they had a strong midfield and United haven't got 2 players of Fabregas or Wilshere's quality in the center.

Nope, they tried 4-4-1-1 against you, that shows the failure of that system against possession controlling 4-3-3 sides.

Bergkamp10

Nope, they tried 4-4-1-1 against you, that shows the failure of that system against possession controlling 4-3-3 sides.

Yeah that's why I think they should start with 4-5-1 but go to a 4-4-1-1 if the score is level or Barcelona are only a goal ahead with 20 minutes or so to go. Ramsey and Wilshere dominated them so I think Xavi and Iniesta will destroy them, just depends if they're up for it which I have a feeling they will be ;)

I wish I was as optimistic as you.
I think it'll be 0-0 at half-time hope im wrong though.

I'm not a fan of either teams though so its different for a neutral,when it comes to Arsenal I'm anything but optimistic :D I think you'll win though, the midfield will be too strong for Barcelona.

M

Magus

If Abidal won't play, it's ok by me! We won the last time without him. Puyol on the left gives confidence and Masch in the middle is great. He(and Pique) knows Manchester's attack quite better than any other blaugrana player. This is probably the best defence we could have had tonight.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
If Abidal won't play, it's ok by me! We won the last time without him. Puyol on the left gives confidence and Masch in the middle is great. He(and Pique) knows Manchester's attack quite better than any other blaugrana player. This is probably the best defence we could have had tonight.

Yeah because Mascherano is a giant in the air...

Home of Barca Fans