2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
How to maximize Rooney's awesomeness:

de Gea
R/F-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
Carrick-Tioté-Nasri/Modric
Valencia-Rooney-Nani

Rooney as a false 9. Win.
Hernandez coming off the bench around 60's and play as you play today.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
How to maximize Rooney's awesomeness:

de Gea
R/F-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
Carrick-Tioté-Nasri/Modric
Valencia-Rooney-Nani

Rooney as a false 9. Win.
Hernandez coming off the bench around 60's and play as you play today.

De Gea

Rafael- Rio - Vidic - Evra
Valencia - DM - CM ( Modric ? ) -Park
-----------Rooney------------Nani--
------Chicharito------------------

Park/Nani

This would do wonders IMO...

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I feel Chicarito halts Rooney a bit. Rooney is more like the Messi of 2008 and can become the Messi of now. Before 2008 Ronnie and Deco were halting him even more. Berba/Tevz

dalitis8

Banned
I feel Chicarito halts Rooney a bit. Rooney is more like the Messi of 2008 and can become the Messi of now. Before 2008 Ronnie and Deco were halting him even more. Berba/Tevz

Well, no and no... you are exaggerating immensely, maybe the presence of Chicharito means that Rooney will score less, but the team overall benefits, cos simply Chicharito scores as well...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anw, I think that we tend to forget how awesome this Barca team really are, but just for your consideration: 5 consecutive hammerings of Real Madrid, including the now legendary 2-6 and 5-0 victories (the 2nd the worse defeat in Mourinho's carreer) twice conquerors of Man Utd (multiple EPL champions) in two separate CL finals, United made to look extremely ordinary when pitched against Barca. Twice conquorerors of Arsenal, including a 4-1 thrashing (the most memorable display by an individual football player in recent decades) and another 3-1 victory over Arsenal in which the visitors did not manage a single shot (on or off target) Plus, thrashings of Lyon, Inter, Bayern Munich, Shaktar and another 0-2 victory over Madrid in the Bernabeu...what did I leave behind???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anw, I think that we tend to forget how awesome this Barca team really are, but just for your consideration: 5 consecutive hammerings of Real Madrid, including the now legendary 2-6 and 5-0 victories (the 2nd the worse defeat in Mourinho's carreer) twice conquerors of Man Utd (multiple EPL champions) in two separate CL finals, United made to look extremely ordinary when pitched against Barca. Twice conquorerors of Arsenal, including a 4-1 thrashing (the most memorable display by an individual football player in recent decades) and another 3-1 victory over Arsenal in which the visitors did not manage a single shot (on or off target) Plus, thrashings of Lyon, Inter, Bayern Munich, Shaktar and another 0-2 victory over Madrid in the Bernabeu...what did I leave behind???

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
COngrats Barca boys :)

It was clear and deserved victory yesterday. The best team in the world have won the CL, no doubt. I may not like Barca, but i really can't deny what i see :)

XaviMessiGirl

Thanks again to all the Utd fans who were for the most part gracious and respectful here. Same cannot be said for some other visiting fans of the past, so kudos.

Still have to post this though :p:

mt1sc-361x480.jpg

Someone put that in SAF's driveway!

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Thanks again to all the Utd fans who were for the most part gracious and respectful here. Same cannot be said for some other visiting fans of the past, so kudos.

Hey.. What about inter fans who congratulated honestly? :p

As for that pic... Oh well, it doesn't surprise me from your side :D

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak

Hey.. What about inter fans who congratulated honestly? :p

As for that pic... Oh well, it doesn't surprise me from your side :D

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Woooho!!! I'm still hangover after the celebrations, what an unbelivable display by our beloved team!!!

Baudie

Some people seems to forget what Guardiola have done to make this team. As I remember he sold amazing players like Deco, Eto'o and Ronaldinho because he could make this team even better without them. With hungry players and taking away stars, so players like Messi and also Sergio etc. can shine. Xavi and Iniesta would shine anyway as I see it. Even the amazing Yaya was sold so Sergio could grow. Its such a masterpiece to cut off deadweight - to get the new ones ready to lift it up to another level and keep humble and great players like Keita and add with players like Marcherano who wont make problems when not playing. He saw the talent in Zlatan and threw a lot of euros after him, but had the balls to remove him when he realised that it would not work as planned.

Also SIR Ferguson who have rebuild an amazing team many times, and with a player like Keane from his peak add'ed to this squad he has right now, then much off the gap between Barca and Man Utd be gone. A general on the midfield to make everybody much better. The teams with Keane and Cantona was close to the level Barcelona has these days. But this Barcelona team is so close to perfection and such a pleasure to watch. These days right now makes up for the nightmares when Laudrup and Figo left us. I still have trouble thinking back when Real won 5-0 after Laudrup changed to them. But those days are long gone and I hope Barcelona will keep the hunger and make Real Madrid look like fools (5-0 and 2-6) even after spending millions on Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso, Benzema etc. and their Dream coach Mourinho. Such a plesure that even with destuction and foulplay from them, they still look like boys trying to be men. Man Utd looked like men and had the match in the first 10 minutes, but then Xavi and Messi raised it and with this loving team, took another CL back to where it belongs these loving days. Big credit to Man Utd for trying to win it like men and I wish them all the best. Congratz to all cules and remember this time, because right now, Barcelona is on the highest level ever seen....

/Baudie

Hatem Ben Arfa

What are yo on about? :lol:

Quite lot of people on here think hes horrendeusly overrated, not world class etc etc. Wasnt having a dig, chill out ffs.

He is over rated.

I've seen many matches this season where Rooney can't control the ball to save his life. Brought back memories of his World Cup games.

Even in matches Rooney has scored in this season, he has been poor.

Very good player but the English media here overhype him like he's destined for Pele and Maradona levels, or like he's already there!

I know Barca players like to be nice and say Rooney could fit in easy at Barca......Well Not in my book. His ball control isn't consistently good enough. Barca players would give him funny looks and opt not to trust him with the ball just by going on his performances over the course of this season.

Great player mind, but Overhyped and OverRated? YES!

We'll see how he does next season. Hopefully he can prove 09/10 season wasn't just a flukey one for him. A big part of why he did so well that season was A.Valencia IMO, now that he's back he'll supply Rooney with loads of quality balls, same if you managed to sign Ashley Young from Villa.

And Messi comparisons are ridiculous. Rooney is nowhere near him. Even Rooney 09/10 is nowhere near Messi.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Rooney is a very good player but as usual about an english player and in particular a Manchester united player...he is overrated!

And LOL at Rooney>Ronaldo! :lol:

Home of Barca Fans